Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

No we didn't, we played Spurs almost back to back in January and February.

Don't tell me that Newcastle and Villa last season, were the same levels as this season.

It's 2 points, and its whilst being without a good few first team regulars.
Exactly. Look at this way, our great start has transpired into our usual below par early season offering, yet we're still just a couple of points off the top after almost a quarter of the season with several key players missing and a couple yet to get used to the club. And all those around us look like it's the best they've got.

The "We can't afford to lose this one" brigade are fucked though, with their season now over what are they going to do for the next 9 months?

No we didn't, we played Spurs almost back to back in January and February.

Don't tell me that Newcastle and Villa last season, were the same levels as this season.

It's 2 points, and its whilst being without a good few first team regulars.
Stand corrected the Spurs game was postponed due to the death of HMTQ.

A City team who were “on it” would have scored 3 in the first half as arsenal were there for the taking.
We lacked killers in final third of the pitch in that half, de Bruyne or gundogan or Mahrez even

As the game wore on we seemed content with a point and hadn’t much interest in attacking

In real time I thought Kovacics first foul was bad and could have been red, the second one totally bemusing a) how stupid he was and b) how he stayed on the pitch. Seems a liability if he’s going to behave like that

Jury still out on the summer signings for me. I didn’t think Gvardiol was great, surprised he was in the top 2 in the voting for Citys MOTM

I got through the first 10 pages or so, understandable angst on here but let’s be fucking real - bar a lucky deflection we’d have walked away with a decent point.

An uncharacteristic performance lacking our usual personality but it wasn’t the shitshow a lot are making out.

We will come back fighting after the break, Stones, Rodri back and all bar Kev fit and ready. Let the new guys bed in from the bench with maybe one starting at a time. Give them time to learn the system and get up to speed. Individually they have all showed signs of being able to fit in, especially Josko, there’s just been a lack of stability this past few weeks.

TWO points off the top, we’ve been in much worse positions folks.
Spot on, game was decent between two well matched teams that hinged on two moments involving Nathan Ake, he misses a sitter in the first half, if we'd have scored first we'd have gone on to win, however he missed, and later in the game deflects a shot that's going wide or would at least have been saved. That's football.

I don't consider us to have played well all season, we've had moments but defiantly not consistently, it's early yet plenty of time and player to come back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.