Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Would have taken a point before the game, not surprised we lost. The drop off from Rodri to whoever replaces him is just too big and needs addressing asap. Unpopular opinion? Haaland AND Alvarez isn’t going to work against the better sides because we have to sacrifice too much creativity or we end up in a weird shape to accommodate the two strikers. I predict it will scrapped.
Rodri is integral to how we play now. However I've mentioned this before but I feel it's worth repeating, and that is other players have to step up when required.

Spot on, game was decent between two well matched teams that hinged on two moments involving Nathan Ake, he misses a sitter in the first half, if we'd have scored first we'd have gone on to win, however he missed, and later in the game deflects a shot that's going wide or would at least have been saved. That's football.

I don't consider us to have played well all season, we've had moments but defiantly not consistently, it's early yet plenty of time and player to come back.
The fact that we haven't been anywhere near our best yet (but not as bad as the doom and gloom merchants suggest), is exactly why I think we'll win it again.

There's no way we will win the title based on today's performance. There again you could say the same about Arsenal even though they rather fortuitously won.

We can definitely be far better than we were today or even the season so far generally so we'll have to see how it all pans out. Liverpool are stuttering a bit and it would be akin to the Leicester triumph if Spurs went on to win the league. It's still all to play for but I do feel that we have too many 'squad' players as opposed to first team standard options.
Well chances are we won’t be playing arsenal again without our two best players. Rodri and Kev make a huge huge difference.

Our midfield created nothing for Haaland or Alvarez.
Both Alvarez and Haaland need to work on their touch especially with back to goal, if your playing two up, inevitably they will have to receive the ball back to goal, hold it up, lay it off...too often the ball bounces away from them...i thought Jesus' touch today was so much better than both of them...hmmm

Just got in was a bit of a shit show today. No need to Panick though let’s just beat Brighton and move on from it. They got lucky with a deflected goal. Two weeks ago we was walking this league now everyone’s panicking.
No, only the usual bottlers are panicking. 9 games without coming anywhere near our best and with key players missing for weeks, and yet we're only 2 points off the top with 3/4 of the season to go? I can't imagine why anybody would be panicking at this stage, certainly not with our current track record.

Well chances are we won’t be playing arsenal again without our two best players. Rodri and Kev make a huge huge difference.
could easily happen with Kev's age.... only 8 - 9 games in, we are about 23% of the season in...nothing will be close to being decided until we reach the 80 - 85% mark...miles from that. Arsenal may improve, Tottenham falter, Liverpool to beat all the title rivals (that could be the key) anything could happen. Even we may improve a bit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.