Arsenal (A) Post Match Thread

I almost felt sorry for the Arsenal fans watching the ArsenalTV clips last night.... almost, then I remembered our own glorious descent, and thought they have a long way to go yet!!!!
They’ve not got a clue. They think what’s happening to their club is a disaster - they’re sixth for fuck’s sake! And finished second just two years ago. Imagine what they’d be like in Newcastle's position or Villa’s or Sunderland’s. A lot of fans of big clubs don’t have a clue what supporting a team through bad times is about. I’d imagine, especially, United Liverpool and Arsenal fans.

They’ve got a long way to go before a real rot sets in at that club. But they earn huge amounts of money, they’ve got some decent players and with the right coach they could challenge again easily.

Another good win, a mixture of brilliance and game management.
Two observations :
1. Our second goal was a thing of rare beauty. How do you defend against that?
2. Pep saying he was going to show the players where they went wrong in the last ten minutes of the first half and the first twenty of the second. The man is a perfectionist, AND HE'S OURS.

Great result, great support and great goals from our trio of left-footers.

Almost the flip side of our normal performances. We didn’t dominate possession and chances on goal, but didn’t waste the chances we had. Shame Sergio didn’t get one but maybe best he holds back to get the 200th on home soil.

Hope Josep soon finds a cold remedy!

I was there last night and they weren't too bad. They seemed to have more of the ball than us and if I was an Arse fan I wouldn't be too upset about last night's display. I've read the match reports too and I feel that the word 'masterclass ' is bandied about too easily: It wasnt a masterclass by us but what it was was a lesson in goal scoring . Everything we created in the first half led to a goal and maybe that is a sign of the champions. So unlucky Arsenal but you met your match against easily the best scorers in the league. Ps. There must have been 22000 there last night. The top tiers were less than a quarter full and the sides of level 1 about half full. Embarrassing for a so-called top club from the capital city. Up the Blues!

29 more goals than anyone else just shows how far ahead of the chasing pack we are.

Just imagine for a moment we'd taken just half the chances we've missed this season. We would have been well home and dry by now.

Despite the missed chances we have been immense, and we should have the title sewn up soon enough.
I know what you're saying, but we'd only be 9 points better off! That's how good we're playing.

Just had a look outside of the hotel window here in storm battered London.
Not a fucking flake of snow on any of the roads and very little anywhere else.
When I left home yesterday we had a foot of snow on the drive.

Arsenal fans could have easily have made it.

Yep we all travelled down but a member of the family who is a gooner is 40 minutes away did not go as it was too cold :) Shocking turnout from them when you consider we turned out in our droves when we shit!

Yep we all travelled down but a member of the family who is a gooner is 40 minutes away did not go as it was too cold :) Shocking turnout from them when you consider we turned out in our droves when we shit!
Just watched the BBC report, hardly a mention of our fans braving the weather, just that arsenal fans stayed away due to police advice!

3a0fb5a7dafb307f3993d84d6f7a5dd3.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.