Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

I find that Ederson is a liability at times, especially when he comes charging out of his goal.
He is useless at penalties, saving only 7 out of 53. Even Bravo has a better record of 12 out of 57. His antics last night for the penalty was ridiculous, he was pointing to the right, but it was obvious he was going to dive to the left.
His clean sheet record flatters him also because with City dominating possession, the opposition don't get too many chances to shoot.

Think he needs work out which side the ball is going to go then dive the OTHER way. He'll save half the pens.

I find that Ederson is a liability at times, especially when he comes charging out of his goal.
He is useless at penalties, saving only 7 out of 53. Even Bravo has a better record of 12 out of 57. His antics last night for the penalty was ridiculous, he was pointing to the right, but it was obvious he was going to dive to the left.
His clean sheet record flatters him also because with City dominating possession, the opposition don't get too many chances to shoot.
I agree mate. I love Eddy in the same way I loved Balotelli, but the reality is he's best in class only at control with his feet and long range passing. In every other respect he's pretty rank average at best as far as PL keepers go.

Personally I think Ortega is perhaps a better all round keeper. His calmness under pressure and kicking are not at all bad, and he's better in the other departments.... like actually keeping the ball out of our net, which call me old fashioned, does matter a bit.

McCoist really let himself down. Shame, turned into another city bashing twat.
Absolute nonsense. He was not City bashing last night - I watched the game, he was fair. He had plenty of opportunities to stick the boot in with use last night but he didn't. The Haaland elbow - he said it was fine, others would have been crying for a red card. When the commentator said KdB shinned it McCoist said he wouldn't say that and said it was a great finish. There were plenty of other comments. I'm sure there were a boat load of Blues who were wondering how Bernardo would cope against Saka. He also complimented Bernardo for the job he was doing.

I think some Blues just want to pick a fight with any commentator.

I agree mate. I love Eddy in the same way I loved Balotelli, but the reality is he's best in class only at control with his feet and long range passing. In every other respect he's pretty rank average at best as far as PL keepers go.

Personally I think Ortega is perhaps a better all round keeper. His calmness under pressure and kicking are not at all bad, and he's better in the other departments.... like actually keeping the ball out of our net, which call me old fashioned, does matter a bit.
edersons biggest fan since he came, but i would happily see him dropped for a prem game and ortega go in. Ederson gets better every season at passing the ball, that gem to an offside mahrez was class. But his position to stop shots is way out, one of the arsenal players headers that went wide, you couldnt even see ederson in the same clip !

All those fanny wipes who were slagging the team and manager off after the Spurs game, I hope you don't have the audacity to comment tonight. You're a bunch of depressing losers who don't deserve to support City, and your whinging after every blip is not only pathetic, it's embarrassing.

But I don't care about that. What I care about is you're spoiling it for the rest of us. This the best period in our history, and the best by some margin. Some teams - MOST teams - will never experience this. We're champions for a reason, so next time we have a blip just shut the fuck up and remember that. This is my one and only post tonight.
The problem isn’t yours mate it’s theirs. Some people need constant negativity as a form of oxygen. The constant griping about the best manager in the world says it all; 4 premier leagues out of the last 5 in the toughest league in the world is exceptional, yet some posters constantly criticise him cos he does something they don’t like, knobs, the man is a footballing genius, and like all people, even geniuses, not everything can go right every time. But without the genius then all the good stuff wouldn’t happen. Certain posters unfortunately just see and comment on the negatives. Just shake your head and think sad wankers

Think he needs work out which side the ball is going to go then dive the OTHER way. He'll save half the pens.
There's method in that madness. I don't know but it just seemed so obvious to me based on how Saka was lining up that the ball would be going to Eddy's right, and yet our man dived the wrong way. Again.

I think what I love the most about last night's game were the celebrations. The absolute fire in Grealish's eyes and the passion in big Erl when he ran over to the City fans; it looks like the charges have well and truly galvanised this squad and made the players even more determined to shut people up, connect with the fans, and stick it to the PL.

You love to see it.

me to, the lads after 60 mins said right we facking want this game. You can tell when a player is delighted to score, they run to the fans rather than giving each other high fives and tapping each others bottom !

At the end to, looked like the best player to fan bond for a long time. Players now saying about a bond with fans, well this is what gets it going. Excellent to see.

The haaland and grealish interviews after, proper lads chatting.

As for the game, 10 mins i thought great stuff we can have arsenal here.. Then 5 mins later kdb couldnt pass, silva couldnt dribble, loose balls all over the place but held together with jack & rodri... Thankfully kdb saved his best pass of the half when he skillfully passed the ball in the net ! Arsenal took over and you could see a goal coming.

second half was scrappy for 20 mins then the players took the game by the scruff, deserved the win.

36% possession ( what the fuck, who worked that out ) more like the ref had his yellow card out 36% of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.