Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

Absolute nonsense. He was not City bashing last night - I watched the game, he was fair. He had plenty of opportunities to stick the boot in with use last night but he didn't. The Haaland elbow - he said it was fine, others would have been crying for a red card. When the commentator said KdB shinned it McCoist said he wouldn't say that and said it was a great finish. There were plenty of other comments. I'm sure there were a boat load of Blues who were wondering how Bernardo would cope against Saka. He also complimented Bernardo for the job he was doing.

I think some Blues just want to pick a fight with any commentator.
Some truth in all that - He wasn't particularly anti-City but he was incredibly fawning and overstating of Arsenal. At the final whistle, it was all about Arsenal regrouping and coming again. You'd have thought a huge injustice or a smash and grab had happened to the poor souls.

I remember that one… Mike Dean implemented a new guideline that was adhered to for just the one game…. A bit like the three man rule talking to the ref rule we saw on Sunday that was ditched by Monday.
I remember that too, August 2016 just after Pep joined.
Didn't Dean get demoted the following week for implementing guidelines and following the LOTG?

Just seen the “penalty” decision. That is some sort of sick joke.
For me, the result was 3-0. Doesn't matter now, but that's what it was.

Our three yellow cards in the first half. Honestly, blue specs off, Bernardo had been asking for it. Not surprised. Same with Ed. He was time-wasting. Yes, I'm well aware that you don't always see keepers carded for it (Villa's keeper against us, last game of last season!!) — but they should be.
Kyle's is another sick joke by Taylor — he boots the ball away from himslef to say clearly “I'm not in the game, don't pass to me yet”. Any half intelligent person would have just said to him, “Wait until I formally wave you on next time.”

Anyway, heigh-ho, eh? We're top of the league.

Last edited:
The problem isn’t yours mate it’s theirs. Some people need constant negativity as a form of oxygen. The constant griping about the best manager in the world says it all; 4 premier leagues out of the last 5 in the toughest league in the world is exceptional, yet some posters constantly criticise him cos he does something they don’t like, knobs, the man is a footballing genius, and like all people, even geniuses, not everything can go right every time. But without the genius then all the good stuff wouldn’t happen. Certain posters unfortunately just see and comment on the negatives. Just shake your head and think sad wankers
It's how some people protect themselves from disappointment. If City turn it around, they're happy, because they're City fans. If City continue to play like shit, well, they "told us so" so they're right. It's just a way of setting up a no-lose scenario.

Hell, fans of other clubs have been using the same tactics forever. If City win, we bought it. If we lose, we're a crushing disappointment because we should have been able to cruise with all the money we spent.

That was great. Felt like a big win abs big step up in performance

First half the Bernardo at left back experiment didn’t work. He was playing as an orthodox left back which didn’t suit him, didn’t help us getting through Arsenal’s press and didn’t help defending against Saka. City in general were second best. Mahrez was particularly poor, couldn’t retain possession or get at Zinchenko. Still KDB’s finish was exquisite. Arsenal got one of those penalties that should be awarded more often but never are and won’t happen again this season.

I thought after we’d hit the bar, had the penalty overturned and then brought on another defender it wasn’t going to be our night. Instead another brilliant tactical substitution, like at Stamford Bridge, changed the game. Suddenly our press had them in trouble. Great to see Jack on the scoresheet and Haaland made a mockery of Skys stats about not scoring in big away games.

It feels like we’re starting to see use Haaland effectively. He was far more involved and gave both Arsenal centre backs, Gabriel especially, a torrid time. Dias has to play, he’s very much the defensive lynchpin. Great to see Jack deliver un big games, that’s an assist at Chelsea, a goal at the swamp and a goal at the emirates. KDB continues to be the man for the big occasion with a goal an assist to add to his many others against Arsenal. Rodri was excellent as almost always is.

I think the Bernardo at left back might still work but not against a team with an effective right wing like Saka where he’s playing as actual full back rather than tucking in to receive possession.

Given they had one shot no shots on target except the none penalty not sure why he thinks they should have won.
FTFY

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.