Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

On our Jack…
I’m big mates with some decent Villa fans and they are in turn big mates with Jack and they can’t say enough about how down to earth and one of the lads he still is …… probably why he gets into some scrapes off the pitch sometimes ….. he’s simply one of us!
After a game, He used to literally walk down to a local working man’s type club, just minutes from Villa Park, to have a drink and a chat with his long-standing mates ..
Additionally, I loved the way he sought out that lass in the crowd last night to giver her his shirt!
He’s a really genuine & likable guy and could go onto be another true blue legend IMO
I made a prediction over 12 months ago that he would score the winner for us in the CL Final, thus ensuring legendary status and I still stand by that!

It's how some people protect themselves from disappointment. If City turn it around, they're happy, because they're City fans. If City continue to play like shit, well, they "told us so" so they're right. It's just a way of setting up a no-lose scenario.

Hell, fans of other clubs have been using the same tactics forever. If City win, we bought it. If we lose, we're a crushing disappointment because we should have been able to cruise with all the money we spent.
It’s more simple than that for me. It’s always looking for the negatives, always pointing them out and at the same time missing the overwhelming positives

On our Jack…
I’m big mates with some decent Villa fans and they are in turn big mates with Jack and they can’t say enough about how down to earth and one of the lads he still is …… probably why he gets into some scrapes off the pitch sometimes ….. he’s simply one of us!
After a game, He used to literally walk down to a local working man’s type club, just minutes from Villa Park, to have a drink and a chat with his long-standing mates ..
Additionally, I loved the way he sought out that lass in the crowd last night to giver her his shirt!
He’s a really genuine & likable guy and could go onto be another true blue legend IMO
I made a prediction over 12 months ago that he would score the winner for us in the CL Final, thus ensuring legendary status and I still stand by that!
Well said busab

The ref could easily have given a penalty if he wanted to when Walker clattered into the Arse player in the 2nd half.
He could, and judging the 'foul' on Nketiah, I'm surprised he didn't. One dodgy pen yer can get away with but two, in the same match, when it's such a high stakes game?

This has been overlooked. Pep showed a lot more flexibility tonight, switching to a back 4, a lot of Ederson long balls. Far less predictable.
Great Post.

I was more than happy to see it being mixed up. Even if it was a few of those hopeless balls down the channels, It still gave Erling something to chase and cause massive problems. Plus it kept turning the Arsenal back four sprinting with Haaland and their heels.

I really enjoyed that side of us last night was very refreshing.

there has been endless penalty's given when players collide with the goalkeeper and a pen is given

sometime harshly when goalkeepers are just standing there ground, and players make the most of the collision

salah, Kane and co are experts at this
And that disgrace from Jota...................

Main thing is, that everbody could understand a little bit what I want so say.

I know what you mean, but the same vs. for example Bayern Munich, they would have punish us for our mistakes and benefit the chances, like the two headers from Nketiah. The first two goals from us happened because of mistakes, not because we played very well and made good runs and movements. So in my opinion we are not as good or self-assured like the last years and I‘m asking why. We still are a fucking great team, but in comparison to the last years, something is missing. Or what do you think?
I think it all comes down to having won the title 2 years running and not being fully up to speed with the changes in playing style needed to make Haaland an asset to the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.