Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

edersons biggest fan since he came, but i would happily see him dropped for a prem game and ortega go in. Ederson gets better every season at passing the ball, that gem to an offside mahrez was class. But his position to stop shots is way out, one of the arsenal players headers that went wide, you couldnt even see ederson in the same clip !
I do love Eddy for sticking with it. He clearly is a frustrated CM, doesn't seem to like being shoved in nets....He is quite athletic and does save some long range efforts but 1 v 1 forget it... and a lot of shots from 18 yards and slightly closer - forget it...his positioning is pretty poor for a prem standard GK. I think he adds character the squad mind you and that helps...and is used as a way to draw the first press = very useful. As the lad in nets though... always said - possibly our weakest link

Just been watching the highlights again and noticed how for the second goal when Bernardo wins the ball back Haaland looks across and takes a step back to put himself onside. Brilliant awareness. KDB kept running and would have been off if the ball had gone to him.

Thought we got away with one, Bernard struggling at LB, was giving fouls away like it was going out of fashion.

I think against an elite team we would have been behind chasing it and is why in my opinion we will never win the CL under Pep. That and the keeper unfortunately.

However a big plus was Diaz return with Gundo, Ake and Rodri having great games along with Pep reverting to a back 4.

I was also pleased to see Phillips come on with Rodri towards the end, good to see, shut up shop.

Thought we got away with one, Bernard struggling at LB, was giving fouls away like it was going out of fashion.

I think against an elite team we would have been behind chasing it and is why in my opinion we will never win the CL under Pep. That and the keeper unfortunately.

However a big plus was Diaz return with Gundo, Ake and Rodri having great games along with Pep reverting to a back 4.

I was also pleased to see Phillips come on with Rodri towards the end, good to see, shut up shop.
Got away with one is a bit of an overreach. Arsenal had one attempt on goal and it was on a PK...let's not get carried away...

Wow got away with 1 really? We could have easily had 4 or 5 Arsenal had a penalty that was pretty much it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.