Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

Thought we got away with one, Bernard struggling at LB, was giving fouls away like it was going out of fashion.

I think against an elite team we would have been behind chasing it and is why in my opinion we will never win the CL under Pep. That and the keeper unfortunately.

However a big plus was Diaz return with Gundo, Ake and Rodri having great games along with Pep reverting to a back 4.

I was also pleased to see Phillips come on with Rodri towards the end, good to see, shut up shop.

In the first half,you have a point.

Second,with the switch of tactic and personnel,we were far the better team and Arsenal were lucky we didnt score more.

The "official view" appears to be that Arsenal were the better team but lost because of silly mistakes. I can't accept this. The first half was fairly even but the second belonged clearly to City. I thought Arsenal's penalty smacked of an attempt to make up for a clearly wrong decision on Saturday, but it is clearly monstrous to do this at City's expense. It was most clearly analysed by a poster who said (and I don't quote), okay that can be given as a penalty - but it NEVER is, until it's against City. Our goal from KdB was a beauty - yes, the result of a defensive mistake, but how many teams would have exacted the full penalty? And this holds good for our other two goals. They began with an error (do goals ever not?!) but it was the high quality of City's play which turned them into match winning goals. How many other teams could have done that. And this is important for us. We hear that last night was a big victory, but as yet it is only a potentially big victory - we have to ensure we take full benefit from it by not dropping any more "silly" points.

What really impressed me about last night was our game management. Arsenal were a better side than I thought they could be, but I thought we kept Martinelli, Odegaard and Saka quiet and as the game went on it was increasingly played in those areas of the pitch we wanted and at the tempo which suited us. Not the swashbuckling City of 2017-18 but a much more streetwise and experienced team.

Thought they looked shit scared of us first 10 mins then we let them get a foothold in the game but they never really created much we created more and took our chances. Still think we are crying out for a pacey wide man I think that's all that's missing from us winning the lot next season.

Thought they looked shit scared of us first 10 mins then we let them get a foothold in the game but they never really created much we created more and took our chances. Still think we are crying out for a pacey wide man I think that's all that's missing from us winning the lot next season.
They were scared the first 10, then Ramsdale developed a 5 minute injury, which allowed Arteta to give them instructions and they were much better. Didnt realize we'd introduced time outs in football. Needs stamping out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.