Arsenal (A) - Sun Oct 8th, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The negativity on the Arsenal forum is deafening.

This made me laugh though:

“Can think of so many preferable ways to spend a Sunday than watch us get bukakked by a Norwegian, Argentine and Belgian tbh.

Of course I’ll still end up watching like the masochist I am”

Come on City!!!

The negativity on the Arsenal forum is deafening.

This made me laugh though:

“Can think of so many preferable ways to spend a Sunday than watch us get bukakked by a Norwegian, Argentine and Belgian tbh.

Of course I’ll still end up watching like the masochist I am”

Come on City!!!
Did he really say come on city!:))

For all you budding Peps and there seems lots all chucking teams in this thread the world famous Guess The Team Compy begins a new session with this match.

A chance to put your predictions to the test, closing time for entries 10.00am on Matchday.

Our first real test this season, will see where we are with this game, Rodri obviously a big miss, so if we can win without him that’s a big statement. Haaland has to be due a goal or two, with Arsenal attacking that should leave him space to counter.

That cockney accent has taken a bit of a pasting over the years, glad to see the manc holding on to his correctly formed syllables.
It is a strange accent nowadays - don't suppose it was ever really cockney in North London - probably closer to the sort of thing we hear in old Ealing films, but now it has this strange mix of that old English with Caribbean and Pakistani. But of course, listen to old films from Manchester (e.g City winning cup in 1934) and it is a much more rounded Lancastrian accent than it is now - not sure where/when we developed this modern more distinctive Manc accent with it's harsher vowels.

Anyway - back to the football and it still seems strange to think that Emirates is a good ground for us. I guess that means that at some point we will come unstuck there but hopefully not this time. It will be all about getting control of that midfield and I'm sure Pep has a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.