Arsenal (A) - Sun Oct 8th, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to this one. I think the tougher opponents will bring the best out of our players. Let’s see how Arsenal deal with the pressure, their emotions don’t seem far from the surface most of the time.

Think the team be this

___________Ederson

Walker_Akanji__Dias_Gvardiol

______Silva____Kovicic

Foden______Alverez____Grealish

_________Haaland
I’d like to see Silva in place of Grealish and Rico play next to Kovicic - I don’t think Jack is ready for this kind of game yet ….or Doku yet either - some dodgy tracking back and pressing from the new man but got to give him time to prove he won’t fall foul to similar issues to Sane who found himself in the bench too many times for a lad of his talent……didnt track back well enough at all times

Stones would be ideal choice next to Kovicic but I wouldn’t throw him for his first minutes of the season…..in Pep we trust - looking forward to seeing his solution and unlike some other blues….I can’t wait for this match to see how we fair without our main man - Rodri is probably as key as Ederson, two of our true cornerstones - even the brilliance of KDB and Haaland can missed more easily as we have better replacements. Love Ortega as a back up but he isn’t Ederson and nobody in the squad comes close to Rodri …..maybe Stones could become our closest replacement in time, more experience in that role and needs a cup game to play without Rodri to show he can do that role 100%

Last edited:
I’d like to see Silva in place of Grealish and Rico play next to Kovicic - I don’t think Jack is ready for this kind of game yet ….or Doku yet either - some dodgy tracking back and pressing from the new man but got to give him time to prove he won’t fall foul to similar issues to Sane who found himself in the bench too many times for a lad of his talent……didnt track back well enough at all times

Can't see pep starting Rico with no Rodri in the team, Rico is still so young and learning.

Can't see pep starting Rico with no Rodri in the team, Rico is still so young and learning.
You’re probably right but I’d love to see him given a chance in the team somewhere, so much energy and natural talent….great reading of the game - can play comfortable in multiple roles…..one of our most promising emerging talents

It is a strange accent nowadays - don't suppose it was ever really cockney in North London - probably closer to the sort of thing we hear in old Ealing films, but now it has this strange mix of that old English with Caribbean and Pakistani. But of course, listen to old films from Manchester (e.g City winning cup in 1934) and it is a much more rounded Lancastrian accent than it is now - not sure where/when we developed this modern more distinctive Manc accent with it's harsher vowels.

Anyway - back to the football and it still seems strange to think that Emirates is a good ground for us. I guess that means that at some point we will come unstuck there but hopefully not this time. It will be all about getting control of that midfield and I'm sure Pep has a plan.

We developed an accent over time, this North London accent was a bit more swift, listening to the lad on the clip earlier it feels forced and fabricated it feels a little too much "Innit" it's almost a comedy accent.

This is north London for me, it's only a smallish section of north Londoners who put on this fabricated twang.

Hopefully Stones can play and we can leave Akanji out
I agree, not that Akanji has done anything wrong, he just can’t fulfil that role anywhere near as good as boulders, who despite being appreciated by our own support, is still dismissed in some quarters as an injury prone plodder, we need him back on the pitch, even at 85%, the guy is a class act and will help cover the loss of Rodri immensely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.