Arsenal away tickets

The people at the top of the ballot are there for a reason, I salute em, I’m nowhere near em despite going since the early 70’s with a few breaks for Army Service, thing is, there are lots of away games every season that go to Citizens or general sale... There is an old Army saying, “Get Some In” moaners take note...
Agree but how do the younger ones catch up....my lads 14 and bar Wembley his only chance of any away when he reaches 18 and I can’t get as a qualifying junior is Wednesday nights in Swansea when nobody else wants to go! I get there is no easy solution tho

The people at the top of the ballot are there for a reason, I salute em, I’m nowhere near em despite going since the early 70’s with a few breaks for Army Service, thing is, there are lots of away games every season that go to Citizens or general sale... There is an old Army saying, “Get Some In” moaners take note...

Not all of them. I'm sure there's plenty of seasoncards being used every game by supporters clubs whether the card holder attends or not.

Everybody should have to qualify in their own right, with Photo ID checks carried out by the club at entry; Photo ID has to be registered with season ticket. No corporate sales, and no Supporters Club allocations, friends and family allows groups to get tickets together.
In this day and age where the majority of stadiums have manless turnstiles and you scan a barcode on the ticket, surely a collective system, adopted by all PL clubs, could be in place where individuals just have their season card updated for that particular away game. People who 'pass on' their away tickets maybe a little more reluctant to be passing out their season card.

Some are posting they can't be arsed going to the CS because it's a "friendly". You have to go to every game possible if you want your points total improved. A few years ago I could not get a ticket for the Chelsea game away because City only took half their quota. This was because the previous season they didn't sell out and and left the club having to pay Chelsea for the unsold allocation!

Might be the first time I don't qualify for arsenal this season. Used to get them no problem and take along people with far fewer points in the early days of Emirates but has got closer and closer each season.

Last season only just got a ticket if I remember right (and missed out on a fair few tickets through the season at the smaller grounds/big games) so with this being first game of the season I'm bit worried!

Coincidently each season there has been an increasing number of tourists in the surrounding seats at emirates (including fair few 'neutrals') so no real mystery as to where the tickets are going...

I can tell you there are not 'lots of away games' available. Last season, I went to three away games, and that was the worst record of away days in my half century or so of watching City.

I don't know about Army sayings, but it's a load of rubbish when it comes to building up your points. It's near on impossible to see City away these days, and sprouting the old mantra of 'get some in' really is missing the point.

I'm no moaner, far rom it, as I go to every away game I can, but it's getting more difficult with every passing season, and I have no idea how you can build your points up when you see the criteria for away tickets slipping further away with every passing month.

I don't know what the solution is, but, please, don't kid yourself anyone can build their points up, because they can't.

I would introduce a system where the points reflected the difficulty of attending, is swanse a away midweek would earn 50 loyalty points, as opposed to say Liverpool which would be 10, the community shield game i would offer 50 points to provoke some sales and reward those making an effort. Make some tweaks to give some people some hope of catching up

Some are posting they can't be arsed going to the CS because it's a "friendly". You have to go to every game possible if you want your points total improved. A few years ago I could not get a ticket for the Chelsea game away because City only took half their quota. This was because the previous season they didn't sell out and and left the club having to pay Chelsea for the unsold allocation!
A lot of people don't agree with the CS and FA Cup semifinals being at Wembley so don't attend them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.