Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

They do my fuckin nut in mate. After years of being on the receiving end of sneering Rags, I'd never rub our success in other teams' faces.

For years a Rag mate of mine used to regularly contact me to sneer at how great ManUre were & to laugh at how shit we were. Winning isn't enough for them. Without someone's nose to rub it in, they don't see the point of victory.

Anyway, I told him Moureen would win ManUre a couple of cups, & then destroy the fabric of the club before falling out with every **** over there, before being sacked & leaving them worse off than when he arrived.

That's exactly what happened, & when Ole lost control of his steering wheel & crashed, my mate needed to be put on suicide watch. Since 2019 I've virtually heard fuck all from him.

He popped up in October demanding the board be sacked, the Glazer's be forced to sell up, with the squad being dismantled & only Ronaldo & De Gea being kept, as they were the only ones fit to wear the shirt.

I assured him ManUre would be fine, because they'd finally got a proper manager who'd better utilise the players at his disposal. My mate wasn't having it. As far as him & his mates on Rag Café were concerned, they were preparing for relegation.

THEN two hours before the derby, he pops up with a message saying "We are getting humbled today." :-/

If City were on form, I wouldn't have heard shit from him, but because they were in form & at home he just HAD to pop up to start a dialogue in case they won, so he could start his "This is the beginning of ManUre's resurgence" bollocks.

Even now I've not responded. Even worse, I was going to a friend's birthday gathering that evening that I knew would be full of Rags... You can guess how they were!

"We battered you, you bastards"

"One point behind & half a season to catch & pass you"

"ManUre are back & City are fucked"

Yada yada yada yada...
That’s why I wasn’t bothered when Arsenal scored in the dying minutes last week. A draw would have been ideal but I’d rather the rags back in their box.

Agreed. Gave himself the excuse that he didn't put out his best team should they have been beaten and that's all we heard after the game. A shithouse of the highest order Arteta which bodes well for the rest of the season.
While I agree to a point, I wouldn’t disrespect a guy who did a lot for the club

That is a completely ridiculous take - you know what let's move our best defender and arguably the best defender in the world out and Dickie thinks we should move him on!!! There would be a line that stretched down Alan Turing way to sign him.
I partly agree with him . I think stones is a fantastic player. Just shy of world class. But world class players arent only good players, they are also largely injury free.

Plenty of players in the past wont be considered up there with the best due to injury issues. Not their fault, just a fact

Agreed. Gave himself the excuse that he didn't put out his best team should they have been beaten and that's all we heard after the game. A shithouse of the highest order Arteta which bodes well for the rest of the season.
and ITV never stopped bringing up the changes . not a peep when we do it . the agenda requires Southampton beat the real City .

Actually, my post was a response to someone who made a false claim about Arsenal fans leaving before the end. I was there and that was not true and his response when being called out was to lamely claim it was some fans around him in the home stand - I’m not sure why you feel the need to comment on that.

And if you actually read my recent posts, I’ve been anything but over excited rightly pointing out that City have a strength in depth we can’t match and stating that earlier today. Most Arsenal fans are realistic as to our chances this season.

You won last night - be happy
So everyone's happy then? Will you be happy to go out of the Thursday night league as well? Dangerous game that, and a game that could very well end with fuck all.

You say you're a realistic, and tbf you have always been a decent poster. But, like Arteta recently, and Zinc last night, you all seem to be getting a bit twitchy as the hard yards approach.

After all, it's yours to lose now my friend.

I honestly before match didn’t think it would be decisive one way or the other towards league. But if you guys lost on your pitch it would be a psychological blow. Like i said to borrow a tennis analogy it is only news when a big server drops serve. But i thought we would lose voted in your poll that City would win. So 1-0 is not end of world with me, as far as a loss goes there were positives in it
What were the positive? We had more possession, more passes, more shots, more shots on target and crucially more goals. After a couple of early shots you really created nothing.

You are falling for the illusion that you had 46% possession whereas you have had <30% in previous years. But that was Pep's plan - we played it a bit more conservatively (which you can take as a compliment) but we eventually turned up the heat in the 2nd half and dominated enough to get the win. I can see the game at the Emirates going a similar way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.