Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Haha well don’t be daft as brush then, there’s been a few comments already all saying both were fine with good things to say about city. Seen a lot worse that’s for sure
Oh yes I’ve seen, heard and read a lot worse myself.
In fact at the end of the game on the BBC website the first thing said was” I don’t think Arsenal will lose much sleep over this result …”
Basically damning with faint praise!! Actually without any praise just how Arsenal didn’t play their first eleven. :-)

But we won and if that had been the other way round would they have implied we weren’t bothered? :-)

The first half performance was very poor, even allowing for the subdued nature of the game, but we did improve a fair bit in the second half.

As good as Lewis has been, we need to play Walker now and stop playing the inverted full back role. We looked much better with Walker and Alvarez needs to start as well, even if it means De Bruyne sitting on the bench. The formation with Alvarez up front would maybe work better with another proper defensive midfielder alongside Rodri, but Guardiola doesn’t seem to want to play Phillips at all.

Ake, Grealish, Ortega and Akanji all played well, and Laporte looked good when he came on as well. It’s difficult to criticise Haaland given his record, but he needs to contribute more than he did tonight.

Yeah but, the phycological impact will be immense.
You really think 22 days from now, that after the first 5 minutes of the match at the Emirates, that this will result will mean anything in that match?

Oh my god

They had us in our own half pinned for periods of time...they restricted us to one long shot and a few balls over the top...they caught us out playing from the back....they were better all over the pitch in the first half.....
We weren’t pinned back we were doing the usual passing about the back like often happens in first halves.
Prefer to get it moved forward quicker personally but we were not pinned back or under pressure. Totally under control. Just nonsense. The mindset of some people on here is so depressing.

Really? i think they look great, and will get better for next two to three years at least.
I just think there is a big gulf in class our league winning sides over the last 5/6 years compared to this Arsenal team now. We have been poor by our standards this season bar a handful of games were we have been extremely good.

If we can get back to anywhere near those levels (which we will) it's just a matter of when. When that happens we'll blow this league away. If Arsenal don't on and win it this season they'll probably not win or for another 20 years...

We won't be like this again next season.

Ortega, 9 - two superb saves in the first half and great, calm goalkeeping at the end

Lewis, 6 - did alright tonight, even if he looked a bit insecure at times
Stones, 7 - get hamstring transplants, for the love of god
Akanji, 8 - very good tonight, well done
Ake, 9 - what a finish that was, and a great display overall too

Rodri, 6 - poor first half, more like himself in the second
Gundogan, 5 - bit flat all night, to be honest, but he's allowed an off day
De Bruyne, 6 - similar to Gundogan but dug deep in the second half to keep us on top

Mahrez, 6 - didn't get much joy tonight but applied himself and looked dangerous occasionally
Haaland, 6 - given a thankless task tonight, didn't get much joy, but kept going
Grealish, 9 - the guy's fucking dynamite and thank god his hard work is now bearing fruit in the G/A column

Special mention for Alvarez off the bench.

They had us in our own half pinned for periods of time...they restricted us to one long shot and a few balls over the top...they caught us out playing from the back....they were better all over the pitch in the first half.....
Not much in it the first half. Arsenal looked like they had more energy but we had the slightly better control.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.