Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Weird game that but one you couldn’t take your eye off. Before Rodri went off Arsenal were rocking and felt like our lot were up for putting in a performance up there with Madrid and Arsenal at home in the 22–23 season. Then the injury happened and we seemed to lose our way a bit. Leading to a gift to get them back in it from the ref and then not learning from the danger of Gabriel from corners.

When the sending off happened I thought it would be the opportunity to give them a beating. It never materialised and we didn’t learn to vary the play until the 97th minute when Grealish started to go round the outside which resulted in the corner and the goal.

Their shameful hugging the keeper after all the play acting he did when he held onto a cross thinking the job was done when it wasn’t. Poetic justice when the ball went in after that.

They won’t get a better opportunity than that to come to the Etihad and take three points. They know it, their shithousery and tactics to target City’s players I hope has lot a fire under to make sure this lot are no where near taking our title off us.

Ok the best of the day for me was in my Spanish local full of everyone who hates us and giving high fives when we were 1-2 down and the fuckers fucking off when we equalised at the end.
Same as.
Had two Irish arse fans in my local and pointed out to them early they don't even come from the same country of the team they support let alone the same city.
It set the cene for the day and they shut the fuck up ;)

Arsenal are competing against a City side that have won 4 in a row having dominated English football for much of the last decade. They’ve not won the league in the living memory of a lot of their fans. They are desperate to win and have a manager prepared to stoop to any level. I don’t like their approach but I understand it.

They might win the league this season as they have excellent players and Arteta knows what he’s doing, but if they don’t, it might just be due to them focusing too much on the shithousing and not enough on playing football.

The defenders were taking the shots, probably why they didn't trouble the keeper, get Foden or Gundogan in those positions just over 20 yards out and it might have been different.
I mentioned to my neighbour just after he'd come on that we need Foden on the edge of the box with a foot 'n half of space . . . . . . . . !

Can somebody explain to me why Trossard's second yellow card is in any way contentious? Could be booked for the foul itself, then boots the ball into orbit when clearly aware that Oliver has blown the whistle - how can it not be a yellow card?
The card was contentious because it was a second yellow and most refs avoid them unless absolutely necessary.
Two card-worthy actions in the same incident led to some confusion which is why they showed the message on the screen.
Quick question: Can a player be double-booked? I don't mean a yellow for the foul and a second yellow for arguing about it, rather for two nasty fouls on the same opponent in a single move, or committing a foul and immediately kicking the ball away.
And another question as it's Monday: If a sub can be booked for telling the keeper to go down and feign injury, can the keeper also be booked if he follows the request?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.