Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Has anyone heard about the supporter, don't know if he's Arsenal or City who was knocked unconscious where the City fans walking from the South Stand/CB stand which is where I was coming from meet the Arsenal fans exiting the stadium?

He was hit, fell on Ashton New Road and cracked his skull, he was motionless and blood was pouring from his head, the Police on horses attended and moved everyone away, it looked so bad but not seen anything related to the incident.

It happened in front of us and Doku was definitely just knocking the ball back to where he thought the kick was supposed to be taken from.
He did under Oliver's instructions. On TV you can clearly see Oliver pointing where Doku should kick the ball to. This was on pointed out on MOTD2 last night as well.

It was only when Rice started moaning about it did it become an issue for Arsenal

I was genuinely losing my sense of perspective yesterday. Our total domination of the first 15 minutes, the unspeakable shithousery of the players and staff, no penalty for holding of Erl, taking Rodri out of the game, the oafish bravado from the away fans next to me in SS3, watching a team with supposed title-pretensions come and play like a cross between Porto and Atletico Madrid, with a smattering of Bruno Lage’s Wolves thrown in (remember Raul Jimenez getting sent off for kicking the ball away and taking a fucking eternity to get off the pitch) - all of this made me lose my shit. And I knew it was happening to me. Scary. It was like the rational side of my brain had stopped functioning, and all that was left was blind hatred and a burning sense of injustice.

Had to take myself out of that situation. Not sure I’ve ever felt that way at a game of football. Doubt we deserved more than a point, but gutting that Arsenal took home what they came for. Only plus is that their tactics might now become the story.

brutal slow passing and way too many touches from us in 2nd half, which is what Arteta wanted really. even made sure most our shooting chances came out for Dias and Walker our worst shooters possibly.
I dont get why Gundo was in the box, cannot imagine if we have Rodri and KDB they would go into the box in this situation rather than staying deeper to take some shots or crosses themselves rather than waiting for Dias to shoot and Akanji to cross. Foden and Grealish could have come much earlier, dont know if Pep was shitting another counter from them but to keep Gvardiol, Akanji,, Dias, Walker up so much bit pointless when they didnt even come to our half much.
match was there to win after the red, but the fact we only got the draw in 98th minute says a lot, we were really ineffective in what we were doing, or more like how we were doing it.

at the corner goal felt like everybody is looking at here, there, but no one checking the ball neither position the ball is arriving. the way Walker lost Gabriel too was comical. we had no chance there with our way or marking and not watching the ball and few minutes earlier they did the same when Doku failed to mark same Gabriel chance. piss poor set piece management imo, and dont get me started on our attacking corners. its not rockets science how Arse scores all these important corner goals, yet we have more corners than anyone in a season and directly we simply cannot score enough.

short corner, pass it back, shot deflected luckily front of Stones who thank God managed to bring it back to 2-2.

overall if Rodri is not out long term I dont really care but if he is out for months, we lost so much more than 2 points here.

Surprised to see the wankfest going on about Arsenal after the match, how is their approach to football something to be celebrated? We're accused of "cheating" off the pitch yet their on field cheating is heralded as something to be admired? What's going on here?...feigning injury, stopping the flow of the game is cheating...on the field cheating is never mentioned by the media.
Does my head in.

Walker has been a big, big player for us over many years. Has the occasional brain fart moment but he's earned the right to start in the biggest games.
I think unfortunately his time might be nearly up as he is constantly out of position and his concentration level seems to be that of one of his children

The card was contentious because it was a second yellow and most refs avoid them unless absolutely necessary.
Two card-worthy actions in the same incident led to some confusion which is why they showed the message on the screen.
Quick question: Can a player be double-booked? I don't mean a yellow for the foul and a second yellow for arguing about it, rather for two nasty fouls on the same opponent in a single move, or committing a foul and immediately kicking the ball away.
And another question as it's Monday: If a sub can be booked for telling the keeper to go down and feign injury, can the keeper also be booked if he follows the request?
Yes, an Arsenal player was sent off against Wolves away a few seasons back for fouling a Wolves player twice in the same move...think it was Fartinelli?

Had to laugh seeing videos of Arsenal Wanks TV denying that they were anti football yesterdat and how City fans were bad for celebrating a draw!

you knew clearly what the Arsenal bench were doing, delaying time so that small squeaky voiced spanish prick could deliver some feedback to his players.

The card was contentious because it was a second yellow and most refs avoid them unless absolutely necessary.
Two card-worthy actions in the same incident led to some confusion which is why they showed the message on the screen.
Quick question: Can a player be double-booked? I don't mean a yellow for the foul and a second yellow for arguing about it, rather for two nasty fouls on the same opponent in a single move, or committing a foul and immediately kicking the ball away.
And another question as it's Monday: If a sub can be booked for telling the keeper to go down and feign injury, can the keeper also be booked if he follows the request?

Few years back you'd often see the refs carding the keepers for time wasting etc.

Now its like they just let them get away with it. Raya Arsenals version of Jordan Pickford

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.