Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Your call but because of their disrespect of our Club, they call us "Cheating Bastards" on RAWK I'd urge you to not call them by their official name, Victims, Dippers, Grief Monkey's is acceptable.
Yes I have woken up and reviewed my view. Best just win it ourselves and deprived both again,,,....

Surprised to see the wankfest going on about Arsenal after the match, how is their approach to football something to be celebrated? We're accused of "cheating" off the pitch yet their on field cheating is heralded as something to be admired? What's going on here?...feigning injury, stopping the flow of the game is cheating...on the field cheating is never mentioned by the media.
Does my head in.
Unfortunately, City's dominance, across all trophies under Pep, will see the media desperate for a viable rival.
Arsenal seem the only team who may do this ?
Their boring tactics, even their behaviour is being ignored as long as the "means justify the ends".
Arteta's amazement and remonstrating (to the 4th Official) at Trossard's second yellow card (could have been for the foul or kicking the ball away), has also been ignored.
Arsenal are getting away with murder...

Walker has been a big, big player for us over many years. Has the occasional brain fart moment but he's earned the right to start in the biggest games.
How many times did Walker win the ball back from Arsenal when they lumped it forward in the 2nd half? He snuffed out nearly every single one. I’d have gone 3 at the back. Moved Gundo to play as the 6 and left Doku on and played Grealish as an extra 8 or old inside forward. We were quite static up front when we were passing side to side on the edge of the box.

I think unfortunately his time might be nearly up as he is constantly out of position and his concentration level seems to be that of one of his children
Maybe. I thought he should have left after the treble. Pep talked him round which is not like him. If he'd left City would have to have dealt which the situation. But he's here and still probably the best RB at the club.

Unfortunately, City's dominance, across all trophies under Pep, will see the media desperate for a viable rival.
Arsenal seem the only team who may do this ?
Their boring tactics, even their behaviour is being ignored as long as the "means justify the ends".
Arteta's amazement and remonstrating (to the 4th Official) at Trossard's second yellow card (could have been for the foul or kicking the ball away), has also been ignored.
Arsenal are getting away with murder...
Agreed. They are getting away with murder but watching them last night, they resembled a lower league team with their tactics & behaviour- not the only rival to us.

How many times did Walker win the ball back from Arsenal when they lumped it forward in the 2nd half? He snuffed out nearly every single one. I’d have gone 3 at the back. Moved Gundo to play as the 6 and left Doku on and played Grealish as an extra 8 or old inside forward. We were quite static up front when we were passing side to side on the edge of the box.
Martinelli couldn’t get past him. Kyle gets a lot of unmerited criticism

We fought back and got a point but with the loss of Rodri and scoring first it feels more like a very expensive lost opportunity.

Some are talking up Arsenal but I'm not so sure that they're going to make it all the way. They have too many draws in them and they aren't scoring like we are, nobody should write off Liverpool.

Crikey, read all the posts on here and there was I thinking we played well. I thought we were on for another Madrid game until Rodri's injury which knocked the stuffing out of us for a few minutes and gave them a huge lift.

They, then, did what Arsenal (and Athletico) do and it is effective. Quick passes in the box don't work when there are 15 players in an 18 yard box, there simply isn't the room and I don't think even David Silva could have unpicked that lock. So you are left with shots from outside the box and hoping for scraps. Unfortunately, that isn't the strongest part of Dias and Akanji's game but then, why should it be ?

All in all, a decent point but could do with a break from incessant injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.