Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

How does pep struggle with park the bus tactics, Christ we get that every week and results suggests we fairly good at it.
Arsenal played low block and almost got away with it, fair dos

Inter Milan midweek Arsenal today

When the better teams Park The Bus Pep struggles, Arsenal had 9 men and the keeper behind the ball parked inside the box for 52 minutes in the 2nd half and We got a Lucky goal for the draw.

Foden and Grealish should have been on a lot earlier for Walker and Doku But who am I to 2nd guess Pep,
in the end we got a point and stayed top of the league still unbeaten

If Kev or Rodri had been on the second half it would have been 6-2 given the shooting space we had on the D.Centre half’s trying to find the pass or shoot was not going to work when we are already obviously too reliant on Erling.A massive point though for us in the end…i dont think i could have lived with their celebrations had they held on.

From a City perspective, we can surely be happy with that point. A tragic few minutes with Rodri going off and the dodgy equaliser, and we didn't recover that half. At 2-1, I would have been very happy to take a draw -- and even after the red card, knowing what Arsenal's gameplay would be in the 2nd half. Top of the league, and a bit of a mental blow for a rival team. That's not a bad outcome, given the circumstances.

From a football fan perspective: what a shame that the approaches taken from Arsenal today and Inter in midweek is what modern football seems to be resorting to. Did anyone ever think Klopp would be missed this much?

All that being said, City clearly haven't improved much with regards to overcoming that low block. I honestly don't know what the solution is. I'm sure Pep has been racking his brains about it for a long time. It's a huge barrier in his pursuit of perfection. I pray he overcomes this one because of how anti-spirited the low block feels. Particularly the Arsenal version of it. I want to enjoy marquee football matches again!

Finally, City clearly need to get to work on set pieces. Too long have we been so weak on corners and free kicks -- attacking and defending. Thay needs some serious training ground attention.
I’m no Pep but for me the low block problem is partially down to us. We’re so slow going forward because we have to keep control of the ball that we allow teams to get back and organise. We need to play forward with pace from the back or after interceptions and not allow teams to settle in their shape.

Our approach now is the play as we did today and wait for someone to step out or leave a gap and then exploit it.

Moving the ball forward quickly and with purpose is exactly how we scored the first.

Another approach we tried a few times today is to just twat it. Again, this is more effective when done before teams set their camp up.

Couldn’t agree more on the set piece comment. We’re shocking at both ends.

I'd like to think that if the positions were reversed, and we were 2-1 up and down to 10 men, we'd be more adventurous than those tarquin twats.

But you've got to ask some fundamental questions of Pep and his staff. Do we not practice drills when teams implement a low block? Fortunately the Grealish & Stones subs paid off but all we seemed to do was pass the ball from side to side. When Savinho had the ball in the wide area, there was no one running into the space behind the full back, and he was forced to play it back inside. There's so little creativity when your midfield is Gundogan, Kovacic and Bernardo. Foden should have been on much earlier.

And how come Arsenal appear to have a plan for corners and can execute it, when it's just hit and hope from us?
Block the opposing goalkeeper, while other six-footers run fast and hard at the in coming corner and bang, goal. It’s hardly rocket science;)

I was so wet and cold when I arrived home I just jumped into the shower so I am sorry for the late posting on the very day I wanted to shout and holler with joy!!!!
@jimharri put in your ear plugs sunshine I'm about to go bananas!!!

THE BOYS IN BLUE DID NOT GIVE IN, BOY DID THEY NOT, THEY FOUGHT TO THE END, THE VERY END. THANK YOU CITY, THANK YOU LADS, THANK YOU FANS AND A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU JOHN STONES.
You showed 'em lads, you showed 'em all. Especially that cheating, disgusting, underhanded, devious load of dillweed that like to call themselves the gunners, the Southern fudge nuggets!! Especially their absolutely fatherless man who allegedly coaches them, all he coaches them in is how to manipulate the 4th official and the linesman and how to scythe our players to the ground. *please insert 3 real swear words there*
Especially the know nowt, good for nothing load of media googly moogly trollops. I haven't as yet seen anything they have had to say but I can imagine.
And my special especially is reserved for that Specsavers needing possibly on the verge of blindness alleged referee and his fellow officials, the scaredy cat, kitty whiskers, pish posh pooh on a whistle load of shitake mushrooms on toast that they are.
I have never seen a team who cheated so blatantly and were determined from 30 seconds in that they were going to get rid of Rodders. The tottering tadpole wingnuts were disgraceful.
However you load of codswalloping stupid grasshoppers once more we showed you who we are:
MANCHESTER CITY THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD. SO THERE!!!!!

Other than that I quite enjoyed it. However I would choose today to decide not to spend my money on the overpriced water in the stadium meaning I had no lubrication for my voice which I have just tested and it has disappeared!!
Possibly because when he brought John Boy on and Jackie I shouted so loudly, 'We will be ok now, John Stones is here and just as a back up Jackie' to all and sundry around me who were laughing a little at me. This on top of screeching (sorry folks around me) so loudly all game at Arteta to get back in his technical area and how come he spends more time on the pitch than his players, has not done my voice any good at all. :-)
BUT IT WAS JUSTIFIED,,,,,,, HE DID IT,,,,,MY HERO DID IT... I KNEW HE WOULD.

Please Mr @jimharri forgive my shouting just this once? Pretty please? :-) :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.