Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

That equalizer was a big blow to them, it was like a loss.
The impact on them will be massive.
Expect their moral to crumble.
Cheating bastards

I think you're overstating it a bit. I don't think their morale will crumble, exactly. They've got a bit more about them these days.
But I was thinking, two minutes from time, that they would be flying if they took three points from the Etihad. For the first time in, how long is it? And I was dreading it. They are probably a bit satisfied to have taken one, but that's it. They're certainly not flying.
We, by contrast, will be flying. Would love to have been a fly on the wall of that dressing room. The refusal to lose, taking it right to the wire, bonds a team, and gives impetus for the coming weeks. Been looking carefully at our fixtures. None will be easy, but I genuinely think that we can win the vast majority of our fixtures for the next two months. Maybe all.
We can't afford any more long-term injuries to key players.
I still see them as the most serious of our rivals. LIverpool will be there or thereabouts, but I still think this current Liverpool will drop silly points here and there. They are not Klopp's Liverpool, and they're not the Liverpool that had Mané, Salah and Firmino (when Firmino was good for those two seasons or so).

Well I was and never will be a fan of Liverpool due to their weird brand of fans. But Liverpool with either Klopp or maybe Slot will never play like that with 10 man. Nor would any Pep 11. Or 10.

Arsenal treated this game as if it was a title decider in April. It’s fck September. And if it was -with all due respect- Southampton, Brentford, or the rags, I would understand. But title challenging Arsenal?? No. It was QPR 2012 all over again.

The media credits their defending. It was rubbish. Inter defended clever. Arsenal was blatantly parking a double decker bus. And were let off with their Time Out tactics.

We totally deserved the equaliser. We tried to play football and actually win the game instead of boring the audience with 2nd Division rubbish.
Playing football got rewarded. Cowardly defending with 10 didn’t.

Arsenal can fck off.

Reasonably happy with the point, seeing as it got so late in the game with the cheating fouling horrible gamesmanship rolling over dying fake arrogant won nothing bastards leading at that point.

I hate it when the keeper catches the ball and falls over and something should be done about it,
It is a form of cheating and delaying the restart and if a player dives in the box it's a yellow card

The referee today wasted so much time talking to the Arsenal players about things like fouls and why he gave a free kick our way, but letting the Arsenal players get away with so many fake cramps and injuries and all their players refuel and get information on the touchline is a joke.

After today Arsenal are still no better off than last season, If Rodri stayed on City would have won by 2 or 3 goals,

Well I was and never will be a fan of Liverpool due to their weird brand of fans. But Liverpool with either Klopp or maybe Slot will never play like that with 10 man. Nor would any Pep 11. Or 10.

Arsenal treated this game as if it was a title decider in April. It’s fck September. And if it was -with all due respect- Southampton, Brentford, or the rags, I would understand. But title challenging Arsenal?? No. It was QPR 2012 all over again.

The media credits their defending. It was rubbish. Inter defended clever. Arsenal was blatantly parking a double decker bus. And were let off with their Time Out tactics.

We totally deserved the equaliser. We tried to play football and actually win the game instead of boring the audience with 2nd Division rubbish.
Playing football got rewarded. Cowardly defending with 10 didn’t.

Arsenal can fck off.
Imagine sending a player off the bench to go tell your keeper to pretend to be injured.
Joke of a club.

I liked this summary of the Arse in the game

"Something I find putting me right off football. Training to win by manipulating all situations. It was Arsenal that started the much copied "goalkeeper lies down for treatment while team run to manager for tactic change". Training worked better than expected today, target their main playmaker for injury. Rodri attacked from kickoff. Arsenal play with unbelievable cynism. Every aspect of the game analysed, worked on and achieve results. When winning or drawing a tight game, lie down, kick the ball away, frustrate, all to get a result means poor football the fans put up with." Humblenature, Guardian Comments

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.