Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

So many incidents they need to explain. I won’t hold my breath though.
I'm amazed that nothing has been made of the fact that their physios came on to the pitch when the game was still going on which caused Oliver to then stop the game.
I can't blame Oliver on that one as he rightly allowed play on as it wasn't a head injury and was just more time wasting but the pressure he was under at that point because of the presence of the physios essentially forced him to stop the game.
Surely that breaks the rules somewhere or is it such a shithouse trick that nobody thought to legislate against it?

Yeah but they almost never do!! For obvytime wasting all the refs have to do is add a ridiculous amount of time repeatedly and it will be reduced. A stop/start clock would reduce it by 90%!!
7 mins on Sunday was absolutely fucking laughable. Arsenal must have wasted 12 to 14. Fuck me those cunts get 8 mins at home when nothing has even happened. Cunts, arsenal and oliver

Did I miss something. I’ve just googled the
Law

The latest Interpretations and Guidelines states: "It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him, e.g. at the taking of a corner kick." If the ball is not within playing distance, the attacker may not move in a way that restricts the keeper

By this definition surely Ederson was fouled at every corner ?

Not blaming the ref he made decisions as he saw the game in real time and made mistakes on SOME decisions going both ways, but with the assistance of VAR at a goal surely the obstructing of a keeper is something that should be looked at.
Arsenal put 5 players on the back post. As soon as the corner is taken, 2 of them, usually 2 small players, immediately make a beeline for keeper to bloke his movement. Happens every time.

Arsenal put 5 players on the back post. As soon as the corner is taken, 2 of them, usually 2 small players, immediately make a beeline for keeper to bloke his movement. Happens every time.
I can't see how that and players blocking off defenders off the ball isn't obstruction ,it isn't NFL.

In many ways Arsenal resemble the team that George Graham assembled, they are like Wimbledon with some quality, definately the most cynical tedious side i have seen at City since Neil Warnock's Sheffield Utd at Maine Road. The gods were against us on Sunday, we were 1 up bossing the game, and lost our most important player and we lost control for 20 minutes. It is time for Jack Grealish to step up and be an extra body inside for us, we have loads of width, lets make more of Jack, he is chomping at the bit to impress, lets let him, as for Arsenal and their tedious try hard fanbase, see you in May

I counted three on the block, one in front, one behind and one to the side so he cannot move. The other two blockers took our far post defenders. Why the hell after watching them do this every bloody week we set up zonally with the majority at the near post god only knows. Whoever our set piece coach is needs to buck up their ideas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.