Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

Disagree, Arsenal turned up albeit ultra defensively. They did a very good job defensively. They are a bunch of dirty shithouses but they defended well. It was our job to break them down. It’s was like watching simeones atletico.

Arsenal have been down for a long time and have started the progression towards the top. Hate to say it but they have come a long way. A draw doesn’t kill their title chances nor does it ours.
Agree with your post. They came to spoil our rhythm and Taylor was the catalyst to letting that happen.

Last edited:
I can't understand why we don't shoot from range when we are playing against teams that play a low block. You never know what will happen, a deflection or rebound can easily lead to a goal. By shooting from range can also cause an opposition player to break their line to close down the shooter thus creating a space in behind them. It seems we are trying to walk the ball in the net all the time which is nigh on impossible with 11 opposition players around the 18 yard box.

I'm disappointed but I'm not going to join in any criticism of the players or the manager. MY disappointment is that we didn't win but we never looked as though we were going to lose. Arsenal came to us as the highest scoring team in the PL and never looked like getting a goal. And this with us having to field a back five which had never played together and which was disrupted further when Ake had to go off - and yet kept a clean sheet. They were excellent, Gvardiol especially. Further forward we were nowhere near our best. KdB and Phil were off but we know very well that they did their best and gave their all. Erling made the runs, came deeper but often didn't receive the ball. And, not to beat about the bush, we were up against a side that defended deep and pulled everyone back. Their area was packed. I can't and don't criticise them for this because they got what they came for. So, a disappointment but nothing was won or lost and it serves to highlight just how brilliant we've been over the last few years.
Sense at last.

Yep, sorry, wasn’t clear in my reply, know you’re a blue, and like you I would’ve loved Arsenal to have gone for it, because we would’ve won if they had.

They didn’t gamble, because of the risk that carried. They couldn’t lose, so where i disagree with you is that arteta made the right call.

I’ll be v surprised if all three teams win all the remaining games, but I think we have the best chance. Huge game on Weds, but every game is going to be huge and the way we played today - controlled, calm - made me feel confident for the rest of the season.
I was surprised that we dominated possession today - i thought with our line up Arteta may have changed plans a bit. I think he could have exposed us if he had - also I agree i may have helped us..IF Kev was on his game

they came for a draw, and they got it. they also beat both City and dippers at home and did not lose either at Anfield or Etihad. sadly Arteta learnt his lesson and did well on the transfer market too. while we couldnt beat any decent side at home or away this season. even in CL we mostly avoided anyone decent so far, so the big tests are coming now...
I honestly dont know if we would advance in CL if we get to play Arse over two legs. looking back at the community shield in August, then the game in Emirates then today, over 3 games we scored total 1 goal and we did not trouble them much really despite some good possession stats here and there.

Exactly, when did we become a fan base that doesn’t give a new signing in his debut season time, BM is becoming more and more aggressive against our own players, it’s crazy because they give there all most of the time
I respect what your saying and agree with the sentiment but I dont agree that they give their all, or the most they possibly could. I see many opportunities to give more, work harder, press more intensely, leave a foot in, challenge for the header, take the game to the opponent with a direct run or pop shot from the box which we're missed IMHO
I love our boys in blue but that wasn't 100%

I don’t understand the mentality of Arsenal or their fans in thinking they put in a huge performance. My Tarquin friends are claiming it was a better result for us then them? Am I missing something?

Perhaps for top 4 but they could have gone top but instead they settle for a ‘huge’ performance becuxe they parked the bus and took 26% possession. I don’t get it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.