Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

Team definitely ready for a reboot, 7 years is a long time when the core of the team have been around for that time. Might be worth letting a couple of the sacred cows go in order to revitalise the team

There were numerous times where he's pointed where he wanted the ball today but not once did we even think about it. It's such a waste.
I always notice that too but then we’re above it. At pitch view those gaps might not be so obvious.

Arsenal came for a draw and got it, for all on here saying we haven’t beaten a top 4 side this season, well Liverpool have only beaten one side - Aston Villa and Arsenal have only beaten one side - Liverpool, last season’s efforts have taken its toll, I’d be over the moon if we win the European Cup again.
Not fooken half

Its been the story of the season.

Lack of creativity, replacing Gundo and Mahrez with substandard players along with the majority of the rest being below par form.

The only reason we still have a chance is the poor quality of the other teams. It's been pretty shocking how poor our results have been vs top 5 though.

I was taking the piss, hence the wink you thick gunner.
Good job Taylor read the script and kept at least 6 of youre players not on a yellow in the first half.

You may of been taking the piss but you were also right because Halaand hasn't contributed at all in the last 3 games against us or against Inter and doesn't fit with Pep's total football philosophy. Remember Pep wanted Kane who's a better pure footballer and had to be convinced to take Halaand because he was better long term value. For those reasons I think Alravez has potential to be Pep's number 1 long term or at least in big games

Yea we could have picked up yellow's earlier but you had a fair few fouls that weren't called too. Swing and roundabouts.

We are really lacking creative spark.

The elephant in the room is KDB - this season looks a step too far against the very best for him. Against your average team he is great but against the immediate competitors he hasnt got the legs (i dont know if this is that he is playing with an injury or if it is time to replace him).

The effect is double however as when KDB is on the pitch foden is put outwide - which nullifies him to an extent

The other aspect of this is the Kovacic conundrum - I thought picking him today was the right move and I still do..he adds stability - which is what Gundo did...HOWEVER - what he doesnt add is creatvity and goals that Gundo did and its just not his game - but we need him when KDB is on the pitch as KDB cant defend or get up and down the pitch

A team without KDB is unthinkable BUT actually is it a better more balanced and creative team?:

GK

Back 4

Rodri Kovacic

bernardo foden Doku/Grealish/Nunes

Haaland

or

Rodri Bernardo

Doku foden Grealish/Nunes

Haaland

Nunes is pretty much untried - you could add Oscar Bobb into that mix as well for the attacking players.

Kev still has a wand of foot and can produce those momens of magic but we won our biggest trophy without him on the pitch and we played better at anfield more recently when he came off. Kev has attributes that no one else has on our team...the longer creative pass from deeper and wider being the most obvious...his shooting from distance as well (though Foden aint bad) - but doe we lose more than we gain on average with him on the pitch?

The other attackers do need to step up in the creative department - every single one of them (Grealish, Doku, Bernardo especially)

I always notice that too but then we’re above it. At pitch view those gaps might not be so obvious.
Know what you mean but He's a big fucking lad. It would happen now and again by accident but it's purely tactical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.