Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

Agreed in the circumstances but it is what it is.

Win or bust for both sides, I though that second half they would try and batter us, they were shocking, I just don't understand their attitude to the game, they simply did not want to lose and that's not enough to win the title

Agree 100%. They approached it as 'not getting beat is a big step forward'. Which is not title chasing mentality for me.

The sad bit is, we didn't look like we treated as a game we have to or eanted to win either. Felt like a get the first game after the internationals out the way king of approach more than go win it and overtake a title rival and put the other under real pressure.

We are in no way out of it, and I am in no way defeatist or writing us off. But it looks Liverpool's at the moment.

But.... it can change very very quickly, and if it does, I wouldn't want to be either of them.

Paquetta, Kimich, Musiaga,

100m for a 33yr old and on huge wages, it simply has to be accepted if we want to get back to the very top

Musiala is a pipe dream imo unfortunately mate, just unattainable. It’s madness after a treble and a £212m gross spend in the summer we’ve seemingly gotten worse?

You may of been taking the piss but you were also right because Halaand hasn't contributed at all in the last 3 games against us or against Inter and doesn't fit with Pep's total football philosophy. Remember Pep wanted Kane who's a better pure footballer and had to be convinced to take Halaand because he was better long term value. For those reasons I think Alravez has potential to be Pep's number 1 long term or at least in big games

Yea we could have picked up yellow's earlier but you had a fair few fouls that weren't called too. Swing and roundabouts.
So you agree last year was a freak year without the false 9 :-) and this year we just fucked up ;-)
We're still a pretty good team.

think we are looking a little jaded, cant fault the players one bit, the effort is there ,but if the tank is empty, we are missing that spark energy gives you, weve been like that all season, so its amazing we are going deep in all the big comps,huge credit to the players and pep for still being in the hunt, and it wouldnt surprise me if we did the treble again, we are very lucky having this amazing set of players giving their all game after game ,year after year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.