Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

Disappointed we subbed Phil, in my opinion we keep Kev on praying for one moment of magic but he just isn’t fit or sharp enough to play in a game of that intensity.

Haaland just not doing enough in the big games, on his heels far too often.

We sacrificed an attacking player in order to play Kovacic, and that’s why we struggled to break them down, but it gave us control and stopped them breaking on us, difficult one to call as to what was the correct option.

To be honest, I had in my mind that we had a trickier run in than arse and scousers, but if you actually look both of them have got much more difficult games than we have.

Not over by a long shot.
Agree with most of that, but in fairness to Haaland he was marked out of it, their CB’s were v good. But what he still does is take a couple of defenders away - we didn’t capitalise on that - Doku over thinking at times - but also because of the way the Arsenal midfield got back in the box to squeeze the space. Rice was a defender today and Odegaard ran so much you could see he was blowing at the end.

I would’ve liked Phil to stay on, but he’s played a lot recently (thanks waistcoat) and I think we know Kev needs games to get to his best level.

Ultimately a game both couldn’t lose, so it isn’t over by a long shot. Pressure on all 3 teams in every match will be huge. But there’s something about the way we look - an inner confidence - so I think we will do it.

Maybe. But even with the missing players (and it's not like you had to bring Harry Maguire on) City have world class players everywhere. I'm sure Arsenal wanted to be more expansive but we couldn't get through your midfield, Rodri was just impenetrable. Playing the Dippers was much easier than City, even at Anfield we had far more chances.

Today we defended well, we still had 3 attackers on but we just couldn't activate them as you also defended really well. It is what it is, if you can't win then don't lose. Whether we should have had more ambition, we're playing the best team in the world at their own stadium, not West Ham! Regardless of how we'd played a point was I think the maximum we could get.
I think if you gambled today and started with Martinelli you would have got something - we had a new back four - reserve keeper - best player out in my opinion (Johnny Stones) basically it has really helped Liverpool. We have fought hard for years - still fighting but definitely with 8 - 9 key players moving on and injuries i'd take top three or four any day. Would have been so much better if you went for it mind you

There is a chance of this but it won’t be tiredness that’s our problem, it’s our lack of quality. KDB is a shadow of his old self, but he’s 32! Kovacic is ok but limited. Nunes is basically crap. Doku is Watford standard. We recently recruited very badly recently, don’t even mention Phillips.
I know I’m pretty much alone in this but I’ve never been a Haaland fan. Despite his massive goal tally (I’m happy with that) he’s a flat track bully. Does fuck all against a decent team. I would not give a shit if he fucked off.
I’m hoping we win the FA cup, that would represent a great season with the players we have.
What a load of tripe

Thought we played well. Arsenal played as if they were Everton. Understandably given the routine humiliations we hand them.

Be very surprised if they win it.

Can we haul Liverpool in? Of course.

And if we were a bunch of 6 year olds that can’t think past what a table says that’d be almost an interesting point.

They went into this season having lost 13 matches in a row to city and with the same fixture last year killing their title race.

Today they’ve got 4 points to our 1 in the head to head games and have just 1 more match against top 4 opposition in the run in.

Stop pretending it’s a bad result for Arsenal’s title chances, it’s not fooling anyone.
Stop putting word in my mouth, I didn't say it was a bad result. Whilst you're at it, stop being a condescending prick.
Factually they're not in a better position that this morning, period.
They have the toughest fixtures of the run in so they needed to stay in front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.