Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

City are the only club in the world who aren’t allowed a season where we drop off a bit. Even Real Madrid can be shit in the league and no one bats an eyelid. We need to stop the craven media setting our expectations, we have had another fantastic season, super cup, world champions, ffs what’s not to like! Our players look fucked and it’s not surprising but both the dips and arse were happy to time waste to steal a result at our place. I think we may come up short in the league and may need to focus on the cups. Our schedule is bonkers, Real play tonight then have nine days off before they play us, meanwhile we play a good Villa side and then sixty hours later have a trip to Palace and no doubt a good kicking on the pitch.
Chin up blues, don’t let the bastards grind you down!

Out of interest where is he going before long? Wont be Madrid, Barcelona or Munich anytime soon surely?

I agree he was completely anonymous today but so was his chief supplier KDB... Kev is usually the difference in games of this type but his performances of late have been worrying and generally if Kev has an off day so does Haaland.
In saying that Haaland has dropped off massively from last season in his conversion rate particularly from big chances. He has been nowhere near clinical enough for what little he offers in general play

All points agreed, but I think he'll be at Real within the next two years.

One of the best teams in the world came and played for a draw (which suits them in the grand scheme of things) and we couldn't break that down while also settling for not getting beat (which I think would have killed us). We live to fight another day. I think anything beyond that analysis is reading too much into it.
And - once Ake went off (as he’s a first choice) - our second choice defensive line managed to be a relative bright spot. In a defensively challenged season.

Disappointing result, they offered nothing going forward and just sat back trying to catch us on the break, as a number of others have done. They did defend well but we dillied and dallied for for long periods of the game and at times wanted far too long on the ball. I think we could have played until this time next season and still not scored.
We just don't break with any pace now and on the rare occasions we do it all breaks down on the edge of the box and the ball is passed back or to the side, almost as if we are waiting for the whole of the opposition to get back and fill the penalty area before we try and pass the ball through them like a ghost gliding through a wall.
Our shooting is at times woeful, perhaps that is why no one takes the bull by the horns and tries a shot, only KDB and Rodri appear capable of doing that from distance.
Three points would have been great today and it isn't over but we have been a little lacking this season and we really don't seem fluid, we look tired and devoid of ideas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.