Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

they came for a draw, and they got it. they also beat both City and dippers at home and did not lose either at Anfield or Etihad. sadly Arteta learnt his lesson and did well on the transfer market too. while we couldnt beat any decent side at home or away this season. even in CL we mostly avoided anyone decent so far, so the big tests are coming now...
I honestly dont know if we would advance in CL if we get to play Arse over two legs. looking back at the community shield in August, then the game in Emirates then today, over 3 games we scored total 1 goal and we did not trouble them much really despite some good possession stats here and there.
Come on City, then come on Bayern vs Arsehole

Common theme this season. Have 3/4 of the ball but create literally nothing. I think KDB is the only player in the side that has permission to put a cross in. Always making one pass too many when the opportunity was there beforehand but has since passed. Too much slowing it down and turning away from goal.

Very disappointed with Arsenal. So negative and don't deserve to win the title adopting such tactics. Constant fouling, time-wasting and just waiting for us to make a mistake. Unfortunately most of the chances we concede are from fucking about with it at the back and with little creativity provided from the opposition. Our own worst enemy at times.

Still..... considering how underwhelming we've been pretty much all season we're only 3 points off top. Time to turn up the heat and hope the others buckle.

We fucked update with last season’s window, no doubt. Not bothered we didn’t sign Rice as I think he is bang average - he was again today. We should have had a strategy to replace Gundogan, we didn’t.
We did. It was Paqueta from West Ham. However we could not do that.

Absolutely garbage performance. League is done as well as the season if we continue to play like this. We are so far off last season and our terrible transfer business has caused all this.

We looked awful today in my opinion. We could have played for another 90 mins and not scored. We are lacking any sort of creativity and when we do create something are sloppy with it. Without being fed chances then Haaland is not much use. We need other players who are capable of scoring goals, the fault for me lies with not properly replacing players like Gundo and Mahrez, who were guaranteed goals and assists throughout the season. We are in need of a of a squad rebuild in the summer. Before people say we're 3rd in the league I know, but that is testament to how bad the competition is this year. I don't think Arsenal and Liverpool were unbeatable this year, we have just been bad. Given the squads of previous years we would have wiped the floor with the league by now.

Given the magnitude of today's game, that was one horrible watch. The mitigating factors include a post international break & 3 starting defenders injured albeit 1 during the game ... the positive is that we appear to be more defensively solid over the last 4/5 games - its just that our 'spark' players like KDB, Haalaad & Foden were off it today .... we just gotta get more end product outta 72% possession.

Well, its not like the Top2 haven't 'choked' before - in Pep we trust ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.