Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

Three points off the lead.
Agreed but many acknowledge that this season would be so much tougher - 4 x in a row - definitely an unbelievable challenge. I think a lot of us just thought the ins and outs were poor this season. Rather us go for younger players we could develop and sort of start again - we didn't and we ended up getting good players but not young enough to mould and weaker players than the quality lost. Gvardiol was a standout yesterday though - let's hope this his moment and kicks on like Laporte did after 6 -7 months and Dias

I’ve decided Bluemoon isn’t quite the City fan forum it once was.

It’s pretty awful these days considering where we are.

FOCs like me who followed City everywhere in the 80s and 90s remember the days when we’d have given anything just to win an FA Cup. Some of our fans are ridiculously entitled!

and whoever the opposition,they gain shape within seconds because of that,happens virtually every break.
That's a mental thing - catastrophising - ''If i bust a gut getting forward - we lose it, no way can i bust a gut getting back'' what's needed is a god head in defense to communicate and give confidence and license to the midfield and wing backs to bust a gut to get forward and not worry so much about what may happen if we lose possession when counter attacking. Liverpool don't I'm sure VVD gives clear confident instructions tbf.

FOCs like me who followed City everywhere in the 80s and 90s remember the days when we’d have given anything just to win an FA Cup. Some of our fans are ridiculously entitled!
I think that's inaccurate - i started following City when we were good......(1974 /75) but you have to acknowledge when mistakes have been made and still hope for a brighter future - just as we did in Alan, Ball Steve Coppell era for example. I still think if Howard had stayed we could have created a great side under him.

Does anyone think Southgate is under instruction from the FA to intentionally flog our players ro death?
Foden for example, 2 games full 90 minutes. Not necessary.
Picking Stones for 2 games given his injury record. Not necessary.
Walker injured..

I think people need a reality check. Nobody knows whether we will get the treble or nothing, but last season we got the lot, apart from the Carabao Cup, but we are still up there and competing, despite injury setbacks. Just keep the faith, if we end up without a trophy, so be it, imagine how Tottenham fans feel, and get real. I spent a huge portion of my life supporting City in the dark years, but I still kept the faith.

Absolutely correct! I remember the cup visits to Blackpool, Port Vale etc where we’d have given our right arm to win an FA Cup.

It’s a different world now.

Well I veer between thinking like you (let’s say we ‘only’ won the FA Cup and Champions League this year?!!), and on the other thinking that most of those posting negatively post-match still deep down acknowledge that, and think like we do, but then at the same time feel it’s ok to get stuck in and make critical comments when we don’t win a big game against a rival, cause we care so much and get caught up in desperately wanting us to win.

In other words, can’t both things/pov be simultaneously true?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.