Arsenal (H) | Post Match Thread

I'm trying to think of a better performance from a City team. Maybe Arsenal were bad, I need to rewatch it with less alcohol and adrenaline in my blood, but we were absolutely stunning last night. Kev and Haaland playing like they were attached by string, Bernie and Grealish fucking everywhere with the ball glued to their feet, Stones and Rodri gliding through the game like chess players who knew Arsenal's next moves before them, Dias and Akanji and Walker patrolling their own half like the scariest school bullies you've ever seen, Ederson kicking long, landing the ball on a penny, and then giving the Arsenal fans shit. Just unreal. What a fucking team.
Was summat special that performance. Away to them a couple of years ago also has to be up there iin my 'best performance' list

A couple of other things from last night.

Pep is a wind up mechant. A couple of weeks ago, Kyle was finished, can't play the system. He interchanged with John last night all game which means that he will probably play in Madrid. Couple that with the fact that not only can Manuel play left back, he can do it against a flying winger. These two things means we are more covered at the back than we thought, and maybe we won't sign a full back in the next window.

The other thing that struck me last night - I watched the CBS/NBC interview with Kev. At the end, I think it was Peter Dury, actually thanked Kev for his performance and how it was such a pleasure to watch him play every week. Gave me a warm glow - of course it could be early incontinence!

Last edited:
Some of our play was mesmerizing, how we sucked Arsenal up the pitch and played around them with our goalkeeper and defenders. The first goal came from one such passing move in defence, before Stones played it long or cleared his lines whichever way you want to look at it, when pressed by 3 Arsenal men. Great touch and lay off from Haaland and De Bruyne did the rest.
There was another time in the first half when i just said to myself - waow, Rodri was under pressure and nonchantly sprayed a thirty yard pass with his left foot right onto the foot of Walker.

Never got the view from some football fans that we are boring to watch. We are totally incredible.
Many hundreds of managers have tried to emulate Pep's style but no team quite plays football like his teams

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.