Arsenal post match thread

Fuckin gutted, just fuckin gutted!

We showed a lot more heart and desire than we have for a long while and up to 1-0 we were still in the match and largely in control and just needed to get through to half time, but then Mangala played the most stupid aimless ball which left us exposed therefore giving us a mountain to climb against Arsenal away when they scored a late second.

As the second half wore on we just became more and more ragged trying to chase the game putting us in danger of conceding a goal on the counter. We finally did get the goal our ragged efforts deserved and what a move and goal it was in the end by Toure. Arsenal retreated into their defensive shell, but we just seemed to go from brilliant to shit back to brilliant then back to shit again in the space of a few passes.

I know there are bound to be recriminations but underneath the defeat I saw glimpses of hope. Sterling & Navas looked up for it when they came on but the we just looked short on that touch of quality needed to unlock Arsenal in and around the box which sounds silly when you have Aguero, Silva, KDB, Toure and Sterling to call on. As for Manuel, he looked like a man under severe pressure and after Pep confirming his exit from Bayern, who could blame him.

When I first saw the starting 11, I felt confident that we'd get something. And then I saw how Pellegrini was setting them up with Delph on the left and Yaya in a midfield 2 and my heart sank!

The game was there for the taking and once again, in a key game, the manager is found wanting. The sooner we change him the better IMO.

FFS Bring back Mancini.

I cannot believe City can be the organisation they would want us to believe they are, yet let the farce continue.

I've never seen defending like it and how this is allowed to continue is staggering. When this Pellegrini turned up all the talk was of high press and intensity of play! Yes I'll say that again, high press and intensity of play, yet almost 3 years on we have not seen a single example of high press and as for intensity of play; well you're having a laugh.

With a different manager with a complete different approach to the game these players would perform a lot better.

I've never asked for a manager to be sacked.... hell I even stood by Mark Hughes for fucks sake but Pellegrini has taken the club backwards overall!

The vast majority of performances over the last year and a half have been poor, he's hanging by a very fine thread!

Wenger stated before the game how important a win is against the big teams, knowing that they specifically want to create a gap to City. Pellegrini on the other hand said that the result in this match is not important as there are still 21 games to correct it. I think the mentality of the two managers showed in the teams today.

It's frustrating as fuck, though, to lose to Arsenal who have some of the most entitled fucking fans. But what's more frustrating is that we are continuing our incredibly poor form. On paper we look immense, with attacking prowess that even top teams in Europe would envy us, but it's a fucking far way from showing on the pitch! For fucks sake, what's going on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.