Arsenal post match thread

Why the fuck did we once again start playing when the chips were down.Time and time again KDB got to to the line,crossed and we had had one fucking player in the box.Awful and I don`t accept that we had so much more possession and so called attempts to have won the game.
I`ve been very tolerant with Mangala but last night he was just plain dog shit.He could well be Jolean Lescotts fucking son with the fucking dithering and dallying he does on the ball.

Here's a novel idea with a free kick inside their half and in injury time at the end of the first half why not attack their area with a ball into the box for us to attack rather than play it one yard play the ball along the half way line and lose possession and a second goal and ultimately the match, I know it's radical but maybe just maybe we don't lose the match.

The moment you realise that this isn't us attacking and it's actually us trying to defend...

CW0LauJXIAAuKzA.jpg:large

Was good to see our corners being back to a waste of fucking time. It's not like we get a good few each game is it?

City are not good for your health, I went to bed with chest pains and couldn't sleep for 2 hours, still got fucking chest pains now.

When you have a speedy right winger who is put clean through and doesn't even shoot ?? For Fucks sake, I would of strangled the **** in that changing room.

If KDB plays a simple ball we go 1-0 up,

Delphs ball backwards and then Mangalas fuck up.

Silva and Aguero did zero, I know they are coming back but they are either fit to play or they're not ?

Sterling again gave nothing, plays nice simple triangles. I want penetration and fucking goals for £50 million, fucking Rick Bastarding Holden caused more problems, oh and how many times does the little **** fall over, fuck me sideways !

Oh well last day in work but if these cunts fuck up my birthday on Boxing Day they can fuck off.

Man City - giving me chest pains and ruining my life you fucking bastards ! I fucking hate you.

Ok, I forgive you again , I love you really x

Until the next time you massive bunch of thunder cunts

All. Day. Long.

Fuck me, but there's some over the top posts this morning. Knew there would be, but it makes for depressing reading. And I'm not a happy clapper, so don't bother to say it.

Down, but not despondent. Arsenal are four points ahead of us at the halfway point of the season. What's four points, at this stage, in the general scheme of things? Not a lot. And they have to come to our place. We'll see. There's work to do, and things are serious. Nothing is decided.

Some people on here — more than a few, in fact — expected us to be spanked. We were not spanked. Not at all. Let's just be big enough to concede that we were beaten by the better team, on the night.

But the weird thing is that Swansea battered our defence more than Arsenal did, and Joe had to pull out a number of world class stops against them, which, by and large, he didn't have to do except in the second half, just the once. We were defending really well for nearly all of the first half, doing something that we haven't seen for weeks. Not that Otamendi and Mangala were playing particularly well for that first half. They didn't have to. They had almost nothing to do, because they were being given terrific protection by the men in front of them — Ferny, Silva, Delph (by God, the work he put in! Silva as well, he ran his socks off). Even Yaya was putting in a shift, until his legs started to go in the second half. The stats say that Arsenal had two shots in the first half. Two. Ok, both of them goals, and that's obviously unacceptable. But the plain fact is that, apart from those two shots — one a world-class strike by Walcott, I've always rated that man, and a well worked move that Giroud finished well — Arsenal were hardly threatening. The two goals came out of a clear blue sky. That's the first half that I saw, anyway.

And if KDB puts that ball over for Merlin early in the match, as he should, rather than taking a shot from a difficult angle, that could be a different prospect altogether.

Yaya's goal. Stupendous. That's what the man does. Although, alas, he does it all too rarely for us now. He was the only man on the pitch, on either side, who can score a goal like that. And after that goal, Arsenal were clearly bricking it.

But — and it is a big but — of our fourteen attemps, none of them seriously troubled Cech. Even the goal didn't 'trouble' him, in a sense. It was in, he knew it, he didn't even move.

That's the worrying stat. For all our possession — superior numerically, as were the corners, as were the attempts — we produced almost no clear-cut chances. That's got to change, and soon.

This may sound as though it flies in the face of the evidence, and the scoreline, but the signs I saw were that we're on our way back. Merlin's gradually getting up to speed, Sergio of course always takes two or three matches to get up to it. KDB was looking a bit more like his normal frisky self, up for it, taking chances, after the rest which he so badly needed.

Leicester are starting to worry me, though. We've now put ourselves in a position where we have to get a result there. If they were to go nine points ahead, that would be a pretty frightening gap. A mate of mine who's an Everton fan, but whose judgement I trust, told me that there were periods when Everton were battering them on Saturday. I didn't see any of that match, so I can't judge.

Sunderland first, then, and on to them. This is the turning point. One way or the other.

I was bevvied last night so I was pretty mellow. Forgot to turn my radiator off so I've woken up in a roasting room like a fucking turkey and I have a hangover from hell. Just remembered this performance.

I will no longer apologise for wanting him gone. I'm biting my tongue here as I can't do words with this head.

Same mistakes time and time again.

Fuck me, but there's some over the top posts this morning. Knew there would be, but it makes for depressing reading. And I'm not a happy clapper, so don't bother to say it.

Down, but not despondent. Arsenal are four points ahead of us at the halfway point of the season. What's four points, at this stage, in the general scheme of things? Not a lot. And they have to come to our place. We'll see. There's work to do, and things are serious. Nothing is decided.

Some people on here — more than a few, in fact — expected us to be spanked. We were not spanked. Not at all. Let's just be big enough to concede that we were beaten by the better team, on the night.

But the weird thing is that Swansea battered our defence more than Arsenal did, and Joe had to pull out a number of world class stops against them, which, by and large, he didn't have to do except in the second half, just the once. We were defending really well for nearly all of the first half, doing something that we haven't seen for weeks. Not that Otamendi and Mangala were playing particularly well for that first half. They didn't have to. They had almost nothing to do, because they were being given terrific protection by the men in front of them — Ferny, Silva, Delph (by God, the work he put in! Silva as well, he ran his socks off). Even Yaya was putting in a shift, until his legs started to go in the second half. The stats say that Arsenal had two shots in the first half. Two. Ok, both of them goals, and that's obviously unacceptable. But the plain fact is that, apart from those two shots — one a world-class strike by Walcott, I've always rated that man, and a well worked move that Giroud finished well — Arsenal were hardly threatening. The two goals came out of a clear blue sky. That's the first half that I saw, anyway.

And if KDB puts that ball over for Merlin early in the match, as he should, rather than taking a shot from a difficult angle, that could be a different prospect altogether.

Yaya's goal. Stupendous. That's what the man does. Although, alas, he does it all too rarely for us now. He was the only man on the pitch, on either side, who can score a goal like that. And after that goal, Arsenal were clearly bricking it.

But — and it is a big but — of our fourteen attemps, none of them seriously troubled Cech. Even the goal didn't 'trouble' him, in a sense. It was in, he knew it, he didn't even move.

That's the worrying stat. For all our possession — superior numerically, as were the corners, as were the attempts — we produced almost no clear-cut chances. That's got to change, and soon.

This may sound as though it flies in the face of the evidence, and the scoreline, but the signs I saw were that we're on our way back. Merlin's gradually getting up to speed, Sergio of course always takes two or three matches to get up to it. KDB was looking a bit more like his normal frisky self, up for it, taking chances, after the rest which he so badly needed.

Leicester are starting to worry me, though. We've now put ourselves in a position where we have to get a result there. If they were to go nine points ahead, that would be a pretty frightening gap. A mate of mine who's an Everton fan, but whose judgement I trust, told me that there were periods when Everton were battering them on Saturday. I didn't see any of that match, so I can't judge.

Sunderland first, then, and on to them. This is the turning point. One way or the other.
agreed maye

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.