Arsenal post match thread

Plenty of positives to take from this, we played far better than we have done recently, even better was a show of weakness from Arsenal. For Arsenal to be possibly our only real rivals once Leicester eventually start losing they aren't that good. For the most part they only won the game tactically by defending in numbers, we dominated the stats and had we taken our chances we should of taken the game too. It is literally wide open this year and if we can just get our injuries sorted and get some form going we should very easily manage it. We've already shown what we can do at the start of the season with form and confidence in the side. To say that was probably going to be the hardest game this season, we didn't do so badly.

We need to obviously hammer Sunderland and then burst the Leicester bubble, the sooner that happens the pressure is suddenly piled on them to have to win every game. Experience should see us through and we have more of that in this team than any other in the league.

Watched the game last night, read a few comments on here, mostly negative. Probably gonna get moaned at for this cos there is nothing as grumpy as a city fan at the moment!!! City outplayed Arsenal over the whole game, our stats were better, we finished probably aat least the last half hour totally on top.

We were strong, we though to the end, again, they had like two chances and two goals (Seeing this time and again), our finishing wasnt good. This was at their ground and tbh Arsenal were lucky to win it.

I know which team I would rather be going into the last stretch

It isnt alll doom aand gloom, in fact there isnt reallly any doom and gloom, except over the heads of some city fans

Are you you just choosing to ignore the two point blank saves that Hart made to keep us in it?

At the moment it is poor because our results are shite and the inept one leading the troops doesn't seem to have a clue about how to stop this.

We had 5/5 wins at the start of the season. We have 5 wins in the last 12. If that isn't cause for concern I don't know what is. We have taken 2 points in our last 5 away games and scored 2 goals.

We played well in patches but from De bruyne missing to Yaya scoring, a passage of play lasting 50 mins, we created hardly anything from open play.

It wasn't all doom and gloom last night but the end result was still a loss and down once again to crap defending by the same culprits.

The bigger picture points to a difficult period for us because however well we attack, which is rare at the moment, the defence just can't be trusted.

Are you you just choosing to ignore the two point blank saves that Hart made to keep us in it?

At the moment it is poor because our results are shite and the inept one leading the troops doesn't seem to have a clue about how to stop this.

We had 5/5 wins at the start of the season. We have 5 wins in the last 12. If that isn't cause for concern I don't know what is. We have taken 2 points in our last 5 away games and scored 2 goals.

We played well in patches but from De bruyne missing to Yaya scoring, a passage of play lasting 50 mins, we created hardly anything from open play.

It wasn't all doom and gloom last night but the end result was still a loss and down once again to crap defending by the same culprits.

The bigger picture points to a difficult period for us because however well we attack, which is rare at the moment, the defence just can't be trusted.
100% this!!

We need to obviously hammer Sunderland and then burst the Leicester bubble, the sooner that happens the pressure is suddenly piled on them to have to win every game. Experience should see us through and we have more of that in this team than any other in the league.

I fear that we will have run out of games by the time we recover some form, Sergio and Vinnie have overcome niggles and avoid any further injuries, and experience makes an appearance.

Pellers was talking last night about how many points were left to play for - he reminded me of Joe Royle "We have fifteen games left to avoid relegation . . . . .We have fourteen games left to . . . . . . . . . . we have thirteeen games . . . . . . . we have . . . . . . !"

definitely not as bad as a lot were making it out to be; we had 2 strong periods of dominance at our title rivals which were sadly punctuated by another period of defensive madness.

saw some bite and genuine frustration from some players (which you could interpret as passion!) and a hatful of chances. if we can sort this ruddy defence out we can win this title yet

Here's a novel idea with a free kick inside their half and in injury time at the end of the first half why not attack their area with a ball into the box for us to attack rather than play it one yard play the ball along the half way line and lose possession and a second goal and ultimately the match, I know it's radical but maybe just maybe we don't lose the match.

I am still SEETHING about this, they really are thick as f*ck sometimes. I'm sure we did something similar last season, deep into injury time in the first half took a short corner when we were losing (might have been Champions League v Bayern). Really don't help ourselves do we?

Cast my mind back to September and I actually thought we were going to win this league at a canter. Thank Christ we had that run of five games undefeated. Looking at how we didn't concede for the first five games and now fast forward 3 months and it looks like we're going to concede every time the opposition attacks..........frightening.

Long way to go yet but we've got to start playing with some kind of intent and intensity for 90 minutes else top four finish is the best we can hope for.

Watched the game last night, read a few comments on here, mostly negative. Probably gonna get moaned at for this cos there is nothing as grumpy as a city fan at the moment!!! City outplayed Arsenal over the whole game, our stats were better, we finished probably aat least the last half hour totally on top.

We were strong, we though to the end, again, they had like two chances and two goals (Seeing this time and again), our finishing wasnt good. This was at their ground and tbh Arsenal were lucky to win it.

I know which team I would rather be going into the last stretch

It isnt alll doom aand gloom, in fact there isnt reallly any doom and gloom, except over the heads of some city fans

The stats mean little. Arsenal let us come on to them and our attempts on goal were all tame efforts apart from the goal itself. Sorry guys, they were the better side.

I did not think we played bad really. We both scored wonder goals. They took to the opportunity we gifted them through Mangala and KDB missed ours. That was the turning point. They sucked punched us after that with a great goal by Walcott and then when we needed to dig in till half time we blew it.

Arsenal were full of bluster at the start of the 2nd half and made a few chances. We then got a grip and came on strong at the end. No disgrace at all last night and it definitely comes down to fine margins. KDB scores and we would have been in the box seat. Mangala does not do that and 1-0 at half time does not put us out the game.

Few things highlighted about last night. Navas has to play. He may be wasteful but we are a better team with him in it. Yaya needs to be the man who makes a difference, not the man who does a bit of everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.