Arsenal post match thread

We do need to get a sense of perspective here as we were playing away against, arguably, the best team in the league at the moment. We started well but like most was amazed at the decision to play Delph wide left and leave Toure in the middle. We have been poor away from home but we've also had a lot of injuries to our best players, Silva, Company, Aguero and Zabaleta. Any team would struggle with that loss no matter how good the squad. On the squad we are weak in full back positions with all now being 30+ and none being truly World class any more. In midfield we have a few who are probably not good enough in Fernando and Navas a passenger in Nasri and one, Yaya, who despite the goal yesterday, looks like he's at the end of his career at the top flight. If we can get Kompany back fit and keep Aguero and Silva fit we should be able to kick on and improve. We need to be careful what we wish for as can be seen at Chelsea and to a lesser extent at Liverpool. We're still in touch at the top, in the last 16 of Champions League, in the semi-final of League Cup and getting players fit again.

We are seeing the same mistakes tactics, team selection and attitude I don't see what will change, I'm ever the pessimist and I think we will end up pot less again, roll on next summer.

Our defence is simply not good enough. We look vulnerable very time the opposition get in the last third. Joe Hart could have done better for both goals, but he did make some other great stops.
Our defence flaps and makes silly mistakes, this needs to be coached out of them fast. Aguero was not making enough runs off the ball into passing lanes. Thought we were OK going forward, but its looking like another poor season unless we can stop the goals against tally.

Our defence is simply not good enough. We look vulnerable very time the opposition get in the last third. Joe Hart could have done better for both goals, but he did make some other great stops.
Our defence flaps and makes silly mistakes, this needs to be coached out of them fast. Aguero was not making enough runs off the ball into passing lanes. Thought we were OK going forward, but its looking like another poor season unless we can stop the goals against tally.

Joe could have done better for the first goal.... You are joking right?

walcotts goal was a brilliant goal started a foot outside the post ,nothing any goalkeeper could of done,as for the second goal,if you give the ball away where manga gave it then that spells big trouble, not Joes fault at all.

Went to the game yesterday and thought city were excellent between both boxes, but poor in the box both attacking and defending.
Excellent team packed with attacking talent, will be a 2 horse race with lots of twists and turns.
I think Arsenal deserved the win as we could have scored a few more when city seemed to lose their heads for about half an hour. Great goals by Walcott and Toure and in the end we were desperately hanging on.

Went to the game yesterday and thought city were excellent between both boxes, but poor in the box both attacking and defending.
Excellent team packed with attacking talent, will be a 2 horse race with lots of twists and turns.
I think Arsenal deserved the win as we could have scored a few more when city seemed to lose their heads for about half an hour. Great goals by Walcott and Toure and in the end we were desperately hanging on.

I was also there yesterday and although can't agree 100% about the you deserved to win bit, a sensible post. I also believe we are looking at a two horse race, with your boys slight favourites. According to one poster on here, Hart was at fault for Walcotts goal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.