Arsenal post match thread

For me it was definitely a case of fine lines (KDB scores or sets up Merlin, Walcott nets with a shot that would be saved/missed other times, Mangala clears, Bony, KDB or Ya Ya equalise, Navas shoots.......nah that's going too far!!) Sometimes wonder whether we miss a trick with Ya Ya though. He was 'running' in treacle first hour or so but I think in games like this he should be second striker behind Aguero. I know it may be sacrilege to leave Silva out but sometimes it doesn't work in away games against strong opponents. Toure still looks dangerous in the last third so I think he should play in a freer role up top and leave Dino and Delph holding. One of our big weaknesses is not having a quick left-sided player and this should have been addressed for the last 2-3 seasons. Doesn't have to be ultra skilful, just quick, combative and with a good left foot. We've also NEVER tried playing Clichy in front of Kolarov to balance the left hand side and I'm absolutely convinced that in some games this set-up might actually work. We have 3 first-teamers who are essentially right-sided players + Roberts and the injured Nasri yet no natural balance on the left. It is pretty basic stuff really and some of the substitutions we witness is keystone cop stuff when much of this would be eliminated if we could add something different to the left hand side. I'll get my coat......

Absolutely no idea why Delph was on the left v Arsenal. I was expecting to see him & Fern doing Yaya's defensive work in the centre & sometimes breaking forward through the middle. with Silva & DeBruyne making it into a '5' when we lost possession. I thought that looked a really solid midfield, way better than Arsenal's. Then saw Sky saying Delph was left of a 3 behind Aguero, with Yaya Fern behind, then saw on the actual pitch that he was a kind of bogus wide player, with De Bruyne on the right & Silva up front behind Aguero. So once again, Fernandinho utterly fucked chasing around filling Yaya's holes & too knackered to do it properly, leaving our piss awful centre backs & dozy fullbacks exposed.

How can a manager look at that squad & come up with that, as the best way to use the players he has available ? It is really looking like he doesn't actually know what he's doing when he tries to use tactics. Even Wenger has hoodwinked him twice now.

I would have taken a draw after half an hour as City bossed the first half, but the goals did change the game and it took city a long time to regain control.
I think it'll be a 2 horse race because I expect Leciester to fall away and I don't think much of the rest of the league.

Unfortunate loss really, I expected more from Arsenal TBH. Had us down losing this one followed by 3 wins.........we had to get Aguero out even though I knew he'd be off pace, it'll pay off long term.

Two chances, two goals in the first half just about sums it up really. I felt a bit shell shocked when the second went in bang on half time, that was the killer. Second half was always going to throw up some chances because we were pressing to get back into it. Overall, other than the result, I enjoyed the game and if we'd got the equaliser I wouldn't have felt as though we'd 'nicked' a point.

I Just read that and all got was Yaya bla bla bla bla Yaya bla bla bla Yaya Yaya bla bla!!Yeah right you love him..
So he's the reason we lost tonight? FFS when he's out injured everyone wants him back the poor fucker can't win. By the way Delph was shit tonight giving the ball away and losing it to many times give a fuck were he was played he was worse than Yaya yet you make excuses for him who do you really love...

He's wasnt the reason but he offers little help to the back 4 when we play teams like Arsenal. Yes, I'm a big fan of Yaya but I dont let that cloud my judgement. Delph would have given alot more support/protection to the back 4 if he had played a more central role and pushed Yaya higher up the field. If we use Yaya right he can still have a big impact for us.....90min in a holding midfield role is not what Yaya does best and you dont have to love or hate Yaya to know that.....and as Mangala has shown, you put him under pressure and he makes mistakes....so playing Yaya in front of Mangala and expecting them to hold a team like Arsenal, is just not going to work....just my opinion but we've seen alot of games this season where these areas have caused us problems and against some very average teams.......

the next away match leicester, that will be them ,arsenal,utd spurs all done and dusted away ,im still hopeful if we can be a bit more fortunate with injuries,in the second half of the season,we could still be celebrating come may

Having said that above - you defend from the front

The second goal started with a poor pass from David and after that there were six City actions with the ball before Mangala had the ball pushed towards him with two Arsenal players close to him ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.