Arsenal - Post match thread

Absolute bollocks and if you had ever been to Maine Road you would know it, the players back then got abused royally if they weren't or weren't perceived to be giving it 100%. Far more than the muted digs they get now from smaller section of the crowd.

Like I said it's absolutely fuck all to do with results or whatever terms you want to use to define success, it's about the lack of commitment and effort quite a few of our players and manager have shown this season. We can all accept defeat, being shit, not playing well but what I and most others City fans judging by today won't accept is that lack of commitment and effort.

I suspect that despite his user name he never set foot in the Kippax given some of the crap he has come out with.

We had 30 mins to keep them out. We managed it for 90 against Real Madrid but for some reason we carried on playing exactly the same way. Crazy once again although I suppose if Kelechi hadn't completely fucked up when 2-1 up it might have paid off. Why he wasn't hooked at half time I don't know as not only was he poor, he was getting in the way of other players!

I agree. I thought the effort was there by the players today and I had no issue with Kelechi starting in the role he was given. But as you point out, it didn't work. That's fine. I have no problem with Pellegrini trying something out. But once you realise that it isn't working then, as a manager, you have to change something and reorganise. He didn't and the team paid the price.

Utd fans should have learned by now not to shoot their mouths off before they play their games. If utd fail to beat West Ham, then city can beat Swansea based on today's showing.

i dont live in the past i live in the now

and its a mickey mouse cup that i would gladly trade for being in the champions league next season

live in the past ?? so winning a trophy and celebrating that means living in the past. we didn't win anything for years, and it sounds like you dont care anymore. i just find that strange.

how many tophies have you won ?? oh that doesnt matter we qualified for the champions league

Last edited:
really ?? any trophy we win is amazing. winning the league cup was great. we can't suddenly be in a position to say winning a trophy means nothing after all the years of nothing.

Agree, I noticed a couple of herberts on here calling it the 'milk cup' to try to make it a little bit crap. How easily some people forget the awful trophy-free years.

I know my history books. You might've read them. You certainly don't remember what it was about. But keep telling yourself you are. Best fans in the world my behind.

well if you're going to believe silly little songs and self-prescribed quotations despite them having no basis in merit, then yes you will be disappointed. City fans have never been that, and they never will be because there's no such moniker. When City fans haven't been happy with what's been achieved, they've vented their spleen and done something about it. Nothing different now, the club just wants to dine at a different table than it used to, that's the only difference. City fans have the right to expect that the staff will give their utmost every season, and when they haven't in the past the fans have provided a backlash. Today Pellegrini got the reward for not doing his job properly, just like Swales did, just like Mackintosh was about to, just like all those players who were booed, and slagged off from here to kingdom come. It's never been special, it's never been different, people who believe fairy tales about our support will continually be disappointed. The only truth is we continued to turn up to the next game to support the team on, regardless of the outcome. That wasn't different today, it won't be different tomorrow, and likewise the real expectations behind that still haven't changed.

I agree. I thought the effort was there by the players today and I had no issue with Kelechi starting in the role he was given. But as you point out, it didn't work. That's fine. I have no problem with Pellegrini trying something out. But once you realise that it isn't working then, as a manager, you have to change something and reorganise. He didn't and the team paid the price.
Wasn't working? That was one of the more impressive City performances of the season. Arsenal had two shots and scored two goals. I'd have taken Kelechi off and put delph on when we went 2-1 up but I think you are being a bit hard on Kelechi. He made a mistake when he should have slipped navas in, but he will learn from it. Our subs were reactive rather than proactive, but for at least an hour there was no reason to change it as we were very domnant and created several clear goal scoring opportunities, and Kelechi is a good goal scorer

well if you're going to believe silly little songs and self-prescribed quotations despite them having no basis in merit, then yes you will be disappointed. City fans have never been that, and they never will be because there's no such moniker. When City fans haven't been happy with what's been achieved, they've vented their spleen and done something about it. Nothing different now, the club just wants to dine at a different table than it used to, that's the only difference. City fans have the right to expect that the staff will give their utmost every season, and when they haven't in the past the fans have provided a backlash. Today Pellegrini got the reward for not doing his job properly, just like Swales did, just like Mackintosh was about to, just like all those players who were booed, and slagged off from here to kingdom come. It's never been special, it's never been different, people who believe fairy tales about our support will continually be disappointed. The only truth is we continued to turn up to the next game to support the team on, regardless of the outcome. That wasn't different today, it won't be different tomorrow, and likewise the real expectations behind that still haven't changed.

And you still believe the nowadays Cityfan is the same as in the Swales days. That is exactly proven my point. Thank you.

Mangalas reading of the flight of the ball on the corner which lead to Girouds headed goal - OMG. just OMG.

You do realise we are going to be in a European competition with more games than the CL? And that our owners will want us to win it since we will take about a £30-40m hit not being in the CL.
More games only because we're likely to progress further and because in previous seasons we've gone straight in at the group stage.
CL - 2 play-offs, 6 group, 7 in knock-out stage = 15 including final.
EL - 0 play-offs, 6 group, 9 in knock-out stage = 15 including final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.