Arsenal - Post match thread

Agree, I noticed a couple of herberts on here calling it the 'milk cup' to try to make it a little bit crap. How easily some people forget the awful trophy-free years.
And what would you have called it had we won the thing between 1982 and 1986?

I think the best pictures are of Sorriano and Khaldoon at the final whistle. Absolute shock.

Today was the final salvo from the abandoned ship "Pellegrini". As the captain Manuel knew his fate and was intent to take as many of us down with him.

It's a MUST WIN game right? So who in there right mind would play KDB arguably our most influential player wide right rather than behind the striker where he can effect the game. Who would then compound that mistake by playing a 19 year old out and out striker goal poacher and all round Fox in the Box as a number 10 behind Aguero; a role that he is nowhere near ready to play. The answer: only Manuel Pellegrini.

It's not as though he didn't have options. He had the choice of Sterling or Delph to play left midfield and put Kev in behind Kun thereby maximising the full potential of the players at his disposal. But no not Manuel. Somehow we took the lead for the second time with just over half an hour to go.Well done lads now lets keep what we've got and make it difficult for the opposition to create any chances. Everyone in the ground has seen by now what we all knew before kick off; Iheanacho isn't having a great game playing in Kev's position. It's not surprise and no slight on Iheanacho; he's a striker not a number 10. Manuel must act surely and bring on Delph and take off Iheanacho; it's what any manger worth their salary would do. Be pragmatic; keep what we've got; after all it's a must win game.

I left as soon as the final whistle was blown. In all my years of watching city [40 years +] I cant remember leaving the last game of the season without staying to applaud the team. In many cases the only reason for staying was because they were City players during our less fruitful years. Today I couldn't stop. I couldn't bring myself to applaud a manager who is so bereft of ideas and motivation that I am starting to dislike going to the game. This squad of players has so much more to give but they have been subject to Mr Boring Mr Passionless Mr Clueless; week after week for three years and they have become him.

Goodbye Manuel.
I don't entirely disagree but even Manuel realises that Delph is not left sided. That said it was obvious what was about to happen. More annoying was having moved KDB closer to Kun he changed it immediately and with it we lost all control.

I don't entirely disagree but even Manuel realises that Delph is not left sided. That said it was obvious what was about to happen. More annoying was having moved KDB closer to Kun he changed it immediately and with it we lost all control.

The only time Delph has played this season he's played on the left of a midfield 3.

the players and manager got the post-match response they deserved.

If they can't be arsed to achieve the bare minimum required for us then they don't deserve thanks, we've already gone through numerous price increases so we can have the "privilege" of watching the exorbitantly highly-paid so called professionals wear OUR shirt, and play for OUR team.

Today summed it up, fleeting good moments RUINED by a refusal to play properly once we'd scored and a REFUSAL by the manager to change or influence anything once it was clear that Arsenal were going to equalise unless we changed something to stop them.

They deserve what they got today. Hopefully the fallout from this will change the club for the better in the long run, they needed to learn that lesson today, they needed to learn they can't just take advantage of our loyalty and abuse it and expect to get away with it. You want to put the prices up, you want to fuck about with our kit colours, you want to keep a manager and players clearly not up to it just so you can get Pep, you want to throw away a league campaign and miss out on CL football because you took your eye of the ball and were so arrogant that you thought like your Barca days that we couldn't possibly miss out. That's fine, but you for damn sure ain't getting my applause for it.

I was delighted leaving today, because I NEVER, EVER have to watch a Pellegrini City team in the flesh ever again. It's a blessing.

He can look around the mostly empty stadium today, along with the players, and finally realise what he's done. They deserve it, they didn't live up to their side of the bargain and they got their reward today. Hope it kicks the entire club up the arse and in the long-term we fix the issues from this season, and the club starts appreciating the fans a damn site more than they have done. All they had to do was genuinely try, and they failed to do that so many times this season they didn't deserve any adulation.

Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.