Arsenal - Post match thread

No doubt the players and manager got what they deserved.

They have let the fans and the club down and that will be the memory that I hope haunts them albeit it won't matter to many of them in the future but if they are reminded of it in the future by others they can reply by saying we let everybody down in the last two seasons , we were too complacent and didn't care enough to do what was needed including playing good football.

We were turgid and lost interest.

For many two titles were enough and the pay packet meant more than being a true professional footballer in a professional football team.

Many of them don't deserve to represent their country in the Euros this year and I hope the managers of those teams take a good look at them before deciding to pick them.

When you play for City their is an obligation to play 100 per cent all the time and we failed miserably to do that for the second season running.

Those at the top now know they made a poor decision in hiring MP and more so keeping him for three seasons but we move on to hopefully a brighter future.

I feel bad that Pellegrini had to look at an empty stadium but at the same time, he hasn't done his job correctly and neither have the players.

It can't all be one way where the fans are unequivocal in their support yet the players just can't be arsed to even try in most games. They've made me feel like utter shit all year when I work fucking hard just for a weekend off to see us get trounced by Tottenham or anyone else.

Just looking at this picture:

33F6105200000578-0-image-a-40_1462731289514.jpg

Who the fuck is the suited clown on the right? I'm guessing he's one of the God awful presenters we have screaming down the mics before games and at half time. It's stupid shit like this that the club are doing that is just creating a massive divide between themselves and the fans. Fucking joke.

Last edited:
Self-righteous people on here calling those for not staying behind after the game. I went to the game, sang and cheered the team on throughout the game. Final whistle went and I was off home. If this upsets other fans or made Pellegrini feel 'unappreciated' then so be it. I've got other things going on in my life and I give enough of my time and money to City.

I thought we played well today and showed the passion and commitment sadly lacking in so many other games this season. Crap defending cost us again - I've always backed Mangala but he was at fault for allowing Giroud a free header for their first. That was the turning point in the game. They hadn't had a kick till then. Crowd were right up for it, City already one up and well in control and we gift them such an easy goal. Gave them a foothold in the game when they hadn't even got into first gear. Second goal was everyone got sucked to the ball allowing Sanchez a free run on goal. Farcical again. Navas and Fernando were our best players and none of the subs seemed to improve us although Bony was unlucky with the volley against the bar. End of the season beckons and I'm glad it's almost over.
Yes Mangala made an absolute cock-up with his marking of Giroud but to my mind Clichy's header was in the wrong direction, I would have thought a back header toward the far touchline would have been the better option.
I was surprised at the effort considering the shambles in Madrid but our defending needs a major overhaul. Cannot believe Joe has kept 15 clean sheets with that rabble in front of him.
Oh well only one more sleepless night of this season.

It is out of order though. If I had a ticket I would have stayed. Pellegrini if anything deserved our time just for how he has handled himself.

He hasn't managed the team well but I'm just as furious with the board and even more so with the players. It's shit that the manager is the one being shit on when Khaldoon and Txiki are doing jack shit.

Fucking Joe Hart laughing again today when Clichy nearly scored an own goal someone should bloody choke him the next time he laughs at something like that.

Mangala and Otamendi seemed to be playing rugby.

AND in Typical City fashion, Spurs lost - and we threw away a glorious chance for 2nd place. All out of our hands, which is just as well because our centrebacks are handy enough.

It is out of order though. If I had a ticket I would have stayed. Pellegrini if anything deserved our time just for how he has handled himself.

He hasn't managed the team well but I'm just as furious with the board and even more so with the players. It's shit that the manager is the one being shit on when Khaldoon and Txiki are doing jack shit.

Fucking Joe Hart laughing again today when Clichy nearly scored an own goal someone should bloody choke him the next time he laughs at something like that.

He can laugh in the seats as back up keeper to the one Pep will get and install ahead of him next season.

The owners are not singling out MP I am sure of that and those you mention know if they don't do much better with appointments they make especially over the summer they will be cactus.

I would suggest very few of those players who took to the field after the final whistle yesterday will be around in 12-18 months time and they know that over the past two seasons they have wasted an opportunity to gain some standing in the game.

Although they will still get well rewarded for their next club they will suffer a decent loss in wages and have to explain to their partners and girlfriends why they had to leave England.

Shit. That picture makes me feel kind of sad. I don't know what I would have done if I'd been there. I was (and still am) bloody angry about what happened at Southampton. The team selection was bad enough. However, if that wasn't the definition of raising the white flag, then replacing Fernandinho with Demi at 1 - 3 down, did it for me. That was a betrayal of the fans, particularly those that travelled down. So, as sad as the picture makes me, they brought it on themselves.

Pellegrini deserved exactly what he got. He gave up on this team and the domestic campaign long ago.

That picture shows that fans care, and the job that he's done, has only been about himself and not the clubs future.

Shit. That picture makes me feel kind of sad. I don't know what I would have done if I'd been there. I was (and still am) bloody angry about what happened at Southampton. The team selection was bad enough. However, if that wasn't the definition of raising the white flag, then replacing Fernandinho with Demi at 1 - 3 down, did it for me. That was a betrayal of the fans, particularly those that travelled down. So, as sad as the picture makes me, they brought it on themselves.

He deserves what he got and so do the players , if that doesn't wake them up to the fact the fans won't be taken for fools then nothing will.

A manager who managed the team poorly and a group of players who didn't believe in him and took no pride in their game.

We wipe the last two seasons in the cock up file and move on but learn that talk is cheap and when Kaldoon says the mistakes of last year will be acted on in the positive he actually ensures it happens because he and others have failed miserably in that regard.

If they were under my watch they would be removed and replaced by those that actually carry out their promises and meet their targets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.