Arsenal - Post match thread

One of the best posts by Chicago blue I've read.

I thought it was a disgraceful post personally. I've been a fan for 50 years as well and I exercised my option to leave at the final whistle. That doesn't make me or anyone else a plastic fan.

And as an exiled Manc himself (which I assume he is) then maybe he's been in the USA so long that he's forgotten that we Mancs are straightforward people who know when they've been short-changed and aren't afraid to make their feelings known. Do right by us and we'll do right by you.

We've not protested about MP's failings during games like many other fans would have. We may well have had a good moan on here but we've supported the team during games, which is as it should be.

The antennae of the club hierarchy should have been twitching furiously on Sunday and it should have been apparent that doing what they did wasn't going to be the wisest move. They really should have a channel to the fanbase who can be a sounding board for these things.

Even then, if they were determined to do something, it should have been done straight after the final whistle and properly announced. Something like "Please remain in your seats for 10 minutes as Manuel Pellegrini would like to make a farewell speech to you all."

But instead they just assumed everyone would hang around until they'd sorted themselves out, which seemingly took too long and led to many leaving who had intended to stay. But the majority voted with their feet and it's not for anyone else to claim it's an embarrassment or that those fans are "plastic". We don't need to prove our loyalty to anyone.

The main thing for me on Sunday was the booing when Bony come on. I think everyone knew it was the wrong decision, but to boo your own player is a disgrace no matter how bad things are.

I must admit, it just didn't occur to me to stay behind after the game. I left on the final whistle not out of protest or frustration over the result, it's just something I've never done at the end of the season anyway. I appreciate what Pellegrini has done for us and he's had our support over the last few seasons, he's heard the songs sung for him by the fans...Yes, the end was fairly unceremonious, but i'm sure he won't be crying himself to sleep about fans leaving at the end of the game.

The main thing for me on Sunday was the booing when Bony come on. I think everyone knew it was the wrong decision, but to boo your own player is a disgrace no matter how bad things are.

I must admit, it just didn't occur to me to stay behind after the game. I left on the final whistle not out of protest or frustration over the result, it's just something I've never done at the end of the season anyway. I appreciate what Pellegrini has done for us and he's had our support over the last few seasons, he's heard the songs sung for him by the fans...Yes, the end was fairly unceremonious, but i'm sure he won't be crying himself to sleep about fans leaving at the end of the game.
agreed. should never boo a player. or the manager for that matter.

Drinking in the Summerbee bar after the match the crowd didn't seem that down, there was an air of "Oh well, that's City" nothing compared to the gloom after the Liverpool game. People were laughing and joking, talking bollocks, but I didn't get the impression anyone was thinking of throwing themselves in the canal.

Probably because it was totally predictable the way the season has gone. Most people got what they would have expected.

MP certainly won't give a fuck. He's got a tidy cash bonus an been stealing a wage off the club for years.
I wish he had gone after COC Final.

Just seen a video on YouTube about how disgraceful our fans were on Sunday. Can't be arsed to find it again, not worth it. Although, if you're a masochist, it's presented by a Scottish shit and an American shit.

Anyway, point is, why do fans of other clubs (even in different countries/ leagues) think they know better than fans of the club they're talking about?

Fair enough to make a passing comment but fuck knows why they'd get so worked up by it.

I thought it was a disgraceful post personally. I've been a fan for 50 years as well and I exercised my option to leave at the final whistle. That doesn't make me or anyone else a plastic fan.

And as an exiled Manc himself (which I assume he is) then maybe he's been in the USA so long that he's forgotten that we Mancs are straightforward people who know when they've been short-changed and aren't afraid to make their feelings known. Do right by us and we'll do right by you.

We've not protested about MP's failings during games like many other fans would have. We may well have had a good moan on here but we've supported the team during games, which is as it should be.

The antennae of the club hierarchy should have been twitching furiously on Sunday and it should have been apparent that doing what they did wasn't going to be the wisest move. They really should have a channel to the fanbase who can be a sounding board for these things.

Even then, if they were determined to do something, it should have been done straight after the final whistle and properly announced. Something like "Please remain in your seats for 10 minutes as Manuel Pellegrini would like to make a farewell speech to you all."

But instead they just assumed everyone would hang around until they'd sorted themselves out, which seemingly took too long and led to many leaving who had intended to stay. But the majority voted with their feet and it's not for anyone else to claim it's an embarrassment or that those fans are "plastic". We don't need to prove our loyalty to anyone.
This.
The kids / women and uncle Tom Cobley could have done their stuff and Videos of successes shown.
It was so shambolic that the 30k who didn't leave immediately just drifted away.

Even last season when they did the lap of honour which wasn't as bad a season as this I thought they were arrogant in the extreme to think people would just wait around for 20 minutes while they fucked about behind the scenes etc. Whoever planned last weekends parade and lap of honour (i was long gone) must simply be a bit thick and whoever felt it a good idea to delay it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.