Arsenal - Post match thread

Top post!

We still have the best squad in the league by far imo and yet we're 15 points behind Leicester City and scrapping to avoid being relegated from the Champions League! Why would anyone looking at our progression since 2008 and regression since 2013 be so surprised the fans were hurt and pissed off and voted with their feet?

By all means claim a regression from season 2014/15 but please stop with trying to claim a season in which we won a league and cup double was in any way regression from what we achieved the previous.

1. I can't see the rags beating West Ham in their final home game at Upton Park. Not only because of the extra movitation that will bring but I sincerely believe West Ham have a better team and they are also still competing for Europe.
So City will manage to hold on to top 4 I think.

2. IF City finish outside top 4 after all, it will have been because of the disgraceful lineup v Southampton, not because of this logical draw v Arsenal.

1. I can't see the rags beating West Ham in their final home game at Upton Park. Not only because of the extra movitation that will bring but I sincerely believe West Ham have a better team and they are also still competing for Europe.

2. IF City finish outside top 4 after all, it will have been because of the disgraceful lineup v Southampton, not because of this logical draw v Arsenal.
More like the shite served up at the teams in the bottom 3.

The club needs to address why the fans feelings have gone from this:
article-0-1A086B59000005DC-315_634x901.jpg

To this:

watch-manuel-pellegrini-forced-to-give-humiliating-farewell-speech-to-near-empty-stadium.png

I don't think it is just the disappointment of winning nothing last season and the possibility of finishing 5th this season.
The holistic approach hasn't been as entertaining or as successful in the last two seasons. Glaring short falls have been ignored and not acted upon, such as Demichelis form, Yaya form, Sterlingss form and buying another World class striker.
Failing to make changes quicker when everyone could see it was needed. Strengthening our midfield at 2-1 yesterday for example.
Making 8 changes against Southampton.
Watching players jog around on £200,000 a week is salt in the wounds.
The majority of opinion of those (including me) who left after the final whistle was that we had been let down.

I am annoyed with myself for not staying, not for pellegrini or the players benefit, but for how it makes us look, as fans that have endured some real shite, but If the players can chuck their toys and not be arsed, then the fans can do the same

That's just my feelings

However, im more disappointed with some of the performances and players attitudes over the past couple of seasons, and some of the managerial decisions are just baffling

By all means claim a regression from season 2014/15 but please stop with trying to claim a season in which we won a league and cup double was in any way regression from what we achieved the previous.

You're wasting your breath with Bobby's boys. They've been waiting three years for this they're gonna bask in the afterglow of 'Mancini was our Ferguson' all summer now. ;)

Then wats the point then in it all then, if I was a player even if I was on a million a week I'd be gutted to come out to an empty stadium like that,
If that was really true , I would cancel my season card this very second and take up another hobby. I'm sure they are hurting.
Too many fans are not bothered , so they take it the players are not bothered too.
Like it or not, it's the truth.

For me the issue is that we have been so poor for so much of this season that we were left in a situation where we couldn't really afford that line up against Southampton. To massively prioritise the Real match made sense to some extent but with this squad, even with the injuries we have had, we should have at least had a decent cushion over the teams outside the top four to be able to rest players for a Champions League semi final. There are matches all over the place this season that you can point to in this mess. Strolling around with little urgency at Villa Park against the worst team the Prem has seen for many years and not managing a win springs to mind but there have been too many to mention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.