Arsenal Post Match Thread.

It's getting ridiculous with Kompany now. We have got to give him a chance to see if he is fit. If he breaks down again move on .... but if we could get even half a dozen games out of him this season would make a huge difference.

Even Merson thought we would beat his team, which shows you how poor Arsenal are and yet we failed to put them away.

I think it shows how great a player Yaya was. 4 years ago he would have been the difference, he would have forced the issue something that for all his quality Silva has never one.

My concern is not with Pep but that the board back him with the big bucks to get the quality players we need. None of this making do with cheaper buys, or expensive buys that are not what we require. All the big clubs are talking about buying big and we need to be right in there. We also need to start to understand how our academy players start to get introduced slowly into our first team setup when ready. There just does not seem any willingness at the moment to include any of them. It's probably all media talk but some of the names being mentioned are not that inspiring. We can't afford to let the season to slide plenty to play for.

Totally agree fella , I'm not fucking bothered if they cost £10,000 or £20m or even more laughable £50m on a player- spending top dollar doesn't make them fighters with any bollocks - there are hundreds of players in the lower leagues with better mentality's than some of the fucking mard arses parading round in a City shirt.

Until the club realised that spending obscene amounts of money on mard arses who believe their own hype doesn't mean guaranteed trophies the better, it's all becoming fucking tedious-spending £150m every window is frankly fucking pathetic , I couldn't give a shit about CL football, in fact it might just do this club some good if it meant we couldn't spend the money it brings in on players - until we start showing some faith in the young hungry players at the club or unearthing some cheap gems from other clubs then it will be rinse and repeat.

The PL season is finished and has been for a month - it's the top four trophy now, their will be thousands of empties at the rest of the home games this season and can anybody really blame fans if they spend money on something else?

why is it that every time we take the lead, we fall back into our cant be arsed mode'
instead of keep going at them for more goals. pisses me right off

Spoken like someone who's never played football in his life... absolute dribble because you don't want to admit you were wrong others saw that replay and rightly said they got it wrong you're too stubborn and childish to admit it and only making yourself look worse. No! You don't stretch your arm out like that at all in your own box for a high ball, you only do that when you're not hopeful of getting your head on it and hope you will get away with it if you pull your arm in fast enough after it...

You are simply trying to spin everything and failing miserably at it, from the usually anti city Sky Sports even calling it as Arsenal getting away with one(if they are calling it in our favour then it has to be pretty clear), with your attempt at saying "oh that's in my arguments favour obviously" beyond reproach haha... oh and "Even Monreal said he didn't do it on purpose, look at the replay he clearly say so to Aguero" Oh that's it then Monreal settles it... are you for fucking real or what? *SMH*

again you are completely wrong...played football all my life until my mid/late twenties...

again people resort to start being personal when they feel that its a last resort......

so lets concentrate on the facts....

have you ever seen a person jump without using their arms in ay time of pro sport?

reach forward stretch...your arms also come out to balance your movement and create balance and also to help propel yourslef forward..same in numerous other sports and actions...go and watch dancers, ice skaters and watch how the jump and balance......

IM not wrong about anything as the decsion wasnt given...and deservedly so.....if it hits his arm its completely accidental...he is not moving his hand in that direction to clear the ball...he is moving his head towards it and stretching....

The penalty that wasnt given isnt the reason why we didnt win....we didnt play well at all....if we had won either by that penalty I would have said the same thing (while gratefully taking the 3 pts....i get the feeling many others would as well

IM not wrong about anything as the decsion wasnt given...and de
No simon you're simply missing the point... you're going round in circles avoiding this: Whether we deserved it or not we WOULD have won that game had the right decision been made with Yaya on the pitch to take the penalty we definitely should have been awarded. Stop with your spin, I called it perfectly you are wrong to use the performance to excuse a bad call that directly cost us points. Prattle on all you like about converting chances, tactics, attitudes... it wouldn't have mattered we'd still have won that game, the right calls should be made it's as simple as that you cannot get around it.

oh yes we would have won if the penalty had been given..but the decsion if it had been given would have been the wrong one......therefore no we shouldnt have won and didnt deserve to..that is not spin...all are facts (well all but except the fact that we dont know if we would have scored the penalty but as you put it with Yaya ont he pitch it was the most likely outcome)

the difference is that yo believe it was the wrong decsion to not give a penalty....i believe it was the right decsion to not give it therefore im not blaming the ref for us not winning...im looking at our overall performace......you are (from what ive seen and i could be wrong on this as ive only read your posts in reply to mine) blaming the ref for not winning ignoring our poor performance. the performance was poor all around and a wrongly given penalty wouldnt change that.......

if it had been the most blatant penalty in the world and it had been given (and we had scored) i would still say the same....we didnt deserve to win.....but i would have taken it

Last edited:
1- Pep: "We need time to change the mentality for everybody."

I am hearing this mentality thing since Mancini's days, when we are not doing well Managers just say our players don't have strong mentality and Manchester City needs time to develop strong personality, which is something I don't agree with.

We were good today, but unfortunately not good enough.

2- Pep: "We played better in the second half than first. After our first goal, we forgot to play."

He said the same thing when we lost to Monaco, " We forgot to play" !
Pep needs to find out why the players are forgetting to play during the most important games !

The performance was not what we all wanted but we were still the better team. We created more chances and better chances. Ran further, had more pssession - that's the least possession Arsenal have had at home this season in the league.

we did create better chances (though not anywhere near as many as we should have done as our approach play was extremely sloppy at times) i fully agree...didnt see the posession stats but yeah id go for that as well.....thats the point....arsenal were extremely poor and we should have beaten them and would have done if we had been anywhere near our normal level of performance.....irrespective of reffing decisions......

it wasnt even the final ball that let us down today (though at times it did)...it was the second or thrid ball before the final ball today.....even yaya was at it....KDB losing possession all the time (needs to be dropped) stones, ottomendi, constanly making simple mistakes in their passin and giving it away...sane and sterling not running a defenders (sterling) or just running down blind allies and losing it (sane)

again you are completely wrong...played football all my life until my mid twenties...

again people resort to start being personal when they feel that its a last resort......

have you ever seen a person jump without using their arms in ay time of pro sport?

reach forward stretch...your arms also come out to balance your movement and create balance and also to help propel yourslef forward..same in numerous other sports and actions...go and watch dancers, ice skaters and watch how the jump and balance......

oh yes we would have won if the penalty had been given..but the decsion if it had been given would have been the wrong one......therefore no we shouldnt have won and didnt deserve to..that is not spin...all are facts (well all but except the fact that we dont know if we would have scored the penalty but as you put it with Yaya ont he pitch it was the most likely outcome)

the difference is that yo believe it was the wrong decsion to not give a penalty....i believe it was the right decsion to not give it therefore im not blaming the ref for us not winning...im looking at our overall performace......you are (from what ive seen and i could be wrong on this as ive only read your posts in reply to mine) blaming the ref for not winning ignoring our poor performance. the performance was poor all around and a wrongly given penalty wouldnt change that.......

if it had been the most blatant penalty in the world and it had been given (and we had scored) i would still say the same....we didnt deserve to win.....but i would have taken it
Simon you are so wrong on the mechanics of the human body that I will say you must be fucking comical to watch playing football. No you do not stretch your arm out like that to head a ball or "propel yourself forward" not up there like that, that IS what we call an unnatural hand position, he knew he wasn't getting there and couldn't help himself... Look at the replay... look at where his hand really is and the re-enactment he does for Aguero which you comically stated as an argument in your defence.

Oh and drop the "you're getting personal because you know I'm right" no because you're going round in circles talking dribble I've already addressed pages and pages ago, you're ignorant and you're wrong... it was a penalty.

again you are completely wrong...played football all my life until my mid twenties...

If Ozil had not made a cock of that fucking back pass from Otimendi and scored from it then it would have evened up our penalty appeal , we didn't deserve to win it , they also had a few good chances and failed to take them.

The draw was the fair result - we played shit for long spells , we look average to me, Spurs and Chelsea are better than us- we need to stop this tiresome crap that we are somehow better than anybody else - we simply aren't .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.