Arsenal Post Match Thread.

It really appears you'd "rather take a loss so the cracks don't get papered over"... I've made it clear why that's the wrong attitude to have, as if Pep would not go over everything they did wrong regardless of a win... it's how he is, he goes into more detail than most managers out there don't worry about that. Stop making out you're the only one who see's the problems we have, it doesn't excuse shite referee decisions... the chances are we would have had two more points today with Yaya on the pitch to take a pen. So yes they do often directly cost us points... regardless of how we are playing at the time you're too focused on it to the point where you genuinely believe it doesn't matter, it does matter, a red card or late penalty are pivotal moments in any game, we'd still be saying it wasn't a great game but that's a different issue you don't use one to excuse the other.

no i wanted a win desperately...but (a bit like Pep) i want us to win the right way (remember his reaction to beating palace - he wasn thappy cause it wasnt done how he wanted)

I dont doubt pep will go over it for one second...and i dont blame pep for the performance one bit....too many players well below par.....

Likewise poor reffing decsions (and i dont thikn the handball was a poor decsion) dont excuse poor performances...and some people first reactions is to blame the ref....we should have not needed the ref....if we had played s well as we can (or een close to it) we would have smashed them.

Im just pointing out that others are far too focussed on the refs decsion as the reason we didnt win..........we were poor by our standadrds today and thats why we didnt win

Anyone who thinks we played well today is simply wrong....we were poor for the first time since Everton (besides the 2nd game vs Monaco)

Serious lack of bottle and character throughout the team , maybe why the manager does not want to throw any of the youngsters in , I doubt they would get much guidance from senior players at the moment

Don't agree. 2 shots hitting the host, Aguero wide open blazing the ball pass the net and Coq escaping a second yellow, when he stopped that counter attack, which would've had City in a 4 v 1, 4 v2 or a 3 v 1 situation. Out of the two sides City were definitely the ones that deserved the 3 points.

the second yellow I fuly agree on which i have said a few times now.

Harsh on Kun.....he was way beyond the front post and navas (for once) smashed his cross at him....to put that in would have been nthing short of a miricale....he scored his one only good chance

neither side deserved the 3 pts....but we should have beaten them and would ave if we had played anywhere near our potential.....we were incredibly sloppy

no i wanted a win desperately...but (a bit like Pep) i want us to win the right way (remember his reaction to beating palace - he wasn thappy cause it wasnt done how he wanted)

I dont doubt pep will go over it for one second...and i dont blame pep for the performance one bit....too many players well below par.....

Likewise poor reffing decsions (and i dont thikn the handball was a poor decsion) dont excuse poor performances...and some people first reactions is to blame the ref....we should have not needed the ref....if we had played s well as we can (or een close to it) we would have smashed them.

Im just pointing out that others are far too focussed on the refs decsion as the reason we didnt win..........we were poor by our standadrds today and thats why we didnt win

Anyone who thinks we played well today is simply wrong....we were poor for the first time since Everton (besides the 2nd game vs Monaco)
No simon you're simply missing the point... you're going round in circles avoiding this: Whether we deserved it or not we WOULD have won that game had the right decision been made with Yaya on the pitch to take the penalty we definitely should have been awarded. Stop with your spin, I called it perfectly you are wrong to use the performance to excuse a bad call that directly cost us points. Prattle on all you like about converting chances, tactics, attitudes... it wouldn't have mattered we'd still have won that game, the right calls should be made it's as simple as that you cannot get around it.

My concern is not with Pep but that the board back him with the big bucks to get the quality players we need. None of this making do with cheaper buys, or expensive buys that are not what we require. All the big clubs are talking about buying big and we need to be right in there. We also need to start to understand how our academy players start to get introduced slowly into our first team setup when ready. There just does not seem any willingness at the moment to include any of them. It's probably all media talk but some of the names being mentioned are not that inspiring. We can't afford to let the season to slide plenty to play for.

Disappointed and frustrated.

Disappointed that we let the lead slip twice and frustrated with the poor passing throughout the game.

On today's display, we don't deserve to be higher than fourth, but at least we've maintained our advantage over both l'Arse and les rags.

Changed my mind on pen. but agree with comments above our performance didn't deserve 3 points. We were better than them, but if you don't go for the jugular, you don't deserve to win games like that. I don't know where that mentality came from as it's the type of approach you get against a team like Stoke, not Arsenal away. Perhaps what we are interpreting as poor mentality was just a few players off their game. I thought Aguero worked hard but missed a couple of good heading opportunities but KDB, Silva and Toure were poor. It's rare for all our top players not to perform.

I don't think the Cup semi-final will be anything like that game. Arsenal have a lot more in their locker than we saw today. I think they played under pressure today, but what was our excuse at 1-0 then 2-1 up.

Time to bring Kompany back. If he's on the bench then surely he can play against Chelsea. Two ridiculous goals to concede today.

penalty aside....do you genuinely think that we merited the win the way we had played....I dont

lets say that we had scored a last minute wonder goal...a 30yd pile driver by toure that breaks the cross bar on the way in....I would have still said that we got away with one as our performance for the vast majority of the match was well below par....the amount of passess that went astray was shocking for us....the movement in midfield wasnt there, we consistnatly lost possession and after the our first goal they had the majority of the possession, our defending was shakey and last ditch....we didnt look solid at all.

The performance was not what we all wanted but we were still the better team. We created more chances and better chances. Ran further, had more pssession - that's the least possession Arsenal have had at home this season in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.