Arsenal thread 2011/12

Re: How to solve a problem like Arsenal.

You solve a problem like Arsenal by spending money, on the right players in the right areas. If you look at their current squad, and assume no-one else leaves, then they need strengthening at the back, at least 1 centre half, a left back (starting or backup) and a goalkeeper. They also need another striker who can actually score goals (i.e. not a Bendtner or Chamakh) and a defensive midfielder, in the Makelele/De Jong mould.

The problem is we all know they won't do that. The big player they are linked with is Juan Manuel Mata, who is a typical Arsenal player, tricky feet, pace, small etc. Arsenal's proble is they leak goals, and they can't compete when teams start to get physical with them. Wenger will never address this adequately as it doesn't fit with his footballing philosophy.

Can Wenger sort out Arsenal's defence? Can he build a defence? I'm not sure he can. He was very, very lucky when he arrived at Arsenal, because they had one of the best defences, including the goalkeeper that the English game has ever seen. Once that solid foundation moved on, Wenger hasn't even come remotely close to replicating the solidity of the defence that he inherited.

Matty said:
You solve a problem like Arsenal by spending money, on the right players in the right areas. If you look at their current squad, and assume no-one else leaves, then they need strengthening at the back, at least 1 centre half, a left back (starting or backup) and a goalkeeper. They also need another striker who can actually score goals (i.e. not a Bendtner or Chamakh) and a defensive midfielder, in the Makelele/De Jong mould.

The problem is we all know they won't do that. The big player they are linked with is Juan Manuel Mata, who is a typical Arsenal player, tricky feet, pace, small etc. Arsenal's proble is they leak goals, and they can't compete when teams start to get physical with them. Wenger will never address this adequately as it doesn't fit with his footballing philosophy.

Wenger's philsophy is a Barcelona wanna-be, without the necessarily defensive qualities.

tumblr_lp7kdlVu5k1qbtk2mo1_500.jpg

Murph said:
Can Wenger sort out Arsenal's defence? Can he build a defence? I'm not sure he can. He was very, very lucky when he arrived at Arsenal, because they had one of the best defences, including the goalkeeper that the English game has ever seen. Once that solid foundation moved on, Wenger hasn't even come remotely close to replicating the solidity of the defence that he inherited.

Lehmann,Lauren,Campbell,Toure,Cole.I give you the invincibles.A whole season unbeaten has to be some sort of achievment,pretty solid if you ask me.

How to solve a problem like Arsenal ??

why solve it..let em burn.

Losing 2-1 to Benfica and the boos have started already!!!!!!

Shadz69 said:
Lehmann,Lauren,Campbell,Toure,Cole.I give you the invincibles.A whole season unbeaten has to be some sort of achievment,pretty solid if you ask me.
Correct. There's no possible way to rob Wenger of the credit for the invincibles. That was his side. Anyone trying to say he inherited it is barking up the tree of absurdity.

Pre Season games is all about getting the fitness levels right. Wenger will have them ready for the season. I think the transfer will they wont they go is having some effect but once the season starts they will be battling it out with the top clubs as usual. Never write off Arsenal and Wenger when the chips are down he always get them into the top 4 year after year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.