Arsenal thread 2011/12

Re: Gunners This Season...

MC ID said:
Lets just get this out of the way now for when they finish 5th.

They are a young squad, they will also mature next season, they also unlike anyone else in the prem had injuries, oh and refs where meanies.

I can't think of the rest of the line, it's like the pledge of allegiance for Arsenal fans.

And the other sides kicked them up and down 'cos nobody else plays good football.

leighton said:
I think they will sign a few more players in the coming weeks once they know they have champions league they will sign a couple of players more to strenghten there squad and give them a chance of getting back into the champions league next season.

Good point about CL, hadn't thought of that. Problem is though, if they don't get through to the CL proper they are in even more need of strengthening otherwise they have a choice of
1/ Buy less expensive 'cos no CL, BUT reduce chances of even getting 4th in PL this season.
2/ Buy decsent players anyway to ensure progress. In which case why not buy them now? Why piss about?

more lazy than useless said:
MC ID said:
Lets just get this out of the way now for when they finish 5th.

They are a young squad, they will also mature next season, they also unlike anyone else in the prem had injuries, oh and refs where meanies.

I can't think of the rest of the line, it's like the pledge of allegiance for Arsenal fans.

And the other sides kicked them up and down 'cos nobody else plays good football.

leighton said:
I think they will sign a few more players in the coming weeks once they know they have champions league they will sign a couple of players more to strenghten there squad and give them a chance of getting back into the champions league next season.

Good point about CL, hadn't thought of that. Problem is though, if they don't get through to the CL proper they are in even more need of strengthening otherwise they have a choice of
1/ Buy less expensive 'cos no CL, BUT reduce chances of even getting 4th in PL this season.
2/ Buy decsent players anyway to ensure progress. In which case why not buy them now? Why piss about?

I think he is waiting to see about Nasri. He wants to keep him and if he can thats 1 less player to replace this season. I think he may well look for money and player if Nasri comes to City so you never know he could well ask for a Milner or Barry in the deal to give them some experience. I think they will go for Parker in the midfield. Dann in defence if they can get him there defence will be stronger compared to seasons gone by. Also I would expect a move for Mata now as a full time replacement for Fabregas has to happen now or never.

Look it doesn't really matter where they finish or if they win anything. According to Whinger the supporters should be happy supporting a well run club, never mind anything else.

Somebody needs to inform him that even loyal supporters do not like being taken for granted and ripped off whilst having one of the most expensive Season tickets in the league. Seeing your best players going for good money and hearing that he doesn't want to spend large to replace them would really piss me off if it was my club.

Here is a reply to a post on Facebook that I got today from another Gunner fan after I posted to him that I thought they were slipping:

"When you spend the time to develop young players only to lose them to clubs that are already winning its tough if you don't have the dough to keep them around."

I hear this ALL THE TIME from the people I know over here in the States who support Arsenal. Is it that way in England as well? Because I think that's total shit. If you work that hard to develop them, then why not pay them and keep them?

Christ, I so want to draw much blood from them this year. No dire draws. Run 'em over, Blues!

CTID

Gibbs and Djourou out for the weekend clash. What will their lineup look like against the dippers.

MotownBlue said:
Here is a reply to a post on Facebook that I got today from another Gunner fan after I posted to him that I thought they were slipping:

"When you spend the time to develop young players only to lose them to clubs that are already winning its tough if you don't have the dough to keep them around."

I hear this ALL THE TIME from the people I know over here in the States who support Arsenal. Is it that way in England as well? Because I think that's total shit. If you work that hard to develop them, then why not pay them and keep them?

Christ, I so want to draw much blood from them this year. No dire draws. Run 'em over, Blues!

CTID

Haha yes mate they have started to moan more and more but most now are seeing its a mix of their board and wengers kids policy and not others fault, like us or Chelsea.

alky313 said:
Gibbs and Djourou out for the weekend clash. What will their lineup look like against the dippers.

Add to that Gervinho and Alex Song being suspended, I believe Liverpool are odds on favorites to win the match... unless Wenger unleashes unknowns like Miyaichi and he turns out a stellar performance...highly unlikely imo

MotownBlue said:

CTID

As you're a 'Motown Blue' did you hear it on the grapevine? If I were you I'd be dancing in the streets, that's if you're not very superstitious, of course.

Arsenals biggest problem is AW being stubborn. Holding onto players he know/knew were going. His next problem is having Song/Gerveniho (Summit like that) out for 3 games. He know has 4 out of his intiall 11 out for a period. He needs to sell and spend quickly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.