Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronuja said:
United was always the game, that gave me the shits, especially at Old Trafford. I think it speaks volumes that I don't have the shits going into this weekend.

AwayDay said:
This was meant to be the week were we get found out, beaten Liverpool , beaten Dortmund, kept 2 clean sheets, and now onto the toughest of the tests for me, not on quality but on history. This is a huge game on Sunday, not just for us but more so for man utd, if they go 11 points behind I don't know how they can deal with having to adjust their aims to become top 4 chasers. I cant see many of their players who have won it all bothering too much with chasing a champions league place, the fall out of a comprehensive defeat could last for years. I imagine once the match kicks off, all Manchester city fans will forget about league tables and get fully behind us, utds confidence is very fragile now, if we can give them a serious footballing lesson and send them firmly into midtable obscurity it could be the final nail in their coffin.

If we could be the team that dispatched Man U. to mid-table obscurity in one fell swoop I would be over the moon, and much as I wish it could work out like that i think there's just too strong a base at that club in terms of how they are set up commercially for that to happen.

You'd be surprised. Many fans will be disillusioned at what has happened there and they have lost to their two biggest rivals historically and geographically! If they lose at home to Arsenal and fall 11pts off the pace, they will lose a hell of a lot of confidence and Moyes will come under increasing pressure. I would never say never with the rags, they have overcome bigger gaps before but it will encourage yet more sides to not fear them, and in recent seasons they have won due to other teams soft mentality as much as anything. If they beat Arsenal though the media will no doubt heap praise on the Rags and it may kick start their season. I said I would prefer a draw previously (about 30mins again) but I might say I would prefer an Arsenal win now!

They're definitely starting to look the part. I think December looks tough for them though, and could make or break their season. Hull and Everton at home followed by Napoli and Us away, Chelsea at home, West Ham and Newcastle away. They've got a difficult March too (Spurs, Chelsea and us in a row), but a reasonably comfortable end to the season.

In fact, it looks like they've had a fairly easy start, and are going to have a fairly easy finish, with their most difficult games bunched up into the middle few months.

supercity88 said:
The_Mo said:
supercity88 said:
It is great to see an English club get a big result in Europe, especially against a German side. As long as it isn't the Rags! I must say I was shocked by the result. Dortmund seemed to have picked up in recent weeks. Arsenal still face a tough away game in Naples but they do not have to go there and win now. I wonder if people are starting to sit up and take notice. I just cannot shake the feeling that Arsenal will fall short in every competition as per usual. They have an abundance of midfield options with pace, skill, technique and their style of play is fantastic. But in both attack and defence they lack strength in depth. Should they win at the swamp maybe I will give them more respect, but I cannot see them winning anything still. Their football is perfect for Europe. They pass and move and work hard as a team but can they win the Champions League? In the Premiership they lack that strength in depth and physicality over the season to win the league in my opinion. But their form certainly suggests they will be in the top 4 and I didn't expect that to be the case. Ideally the game on Sunday is a draw. Arsenal dropping points is what we need to bridge the gap, but still never want the Rags to win.
Their strength in depth is already being tested. Podolski, Walcott, Wilshere and Chamberlain are all out injured.

Not in terms of defence it isn't.

we have had a very settled defence and any team that wins things you will normally find that.

but i think the problem your stating arsenal would have, any team in the world would have.

there is no way you can have anything other then a settled back 4 of obviously 4 players. when any of those get injured and someone else steps in, the level is going to drop.

city with kompany, united with vidic, chelsea with terry, every top team has there 1st choice back 4 and i don't think a single team has players just as good as the 4 1st choice that can seamlessly step in.

if monreal/vermalin/jenkinson had to step in i wouldn't be overly concerned even though i know it will weaken the defence.

Arsenal should win 4-1 or 4-2 at the weekend. BUT this is football and you never know what will happen. Form says easy away win but thats not enough. All it takes is a dodgy decision or a red card for someone like Wilshere/Arteta and the game turns on it's head.

Draw would be my bet.

Manchester1894 said:
Arsenal should win 4-1 or 4-2 at the weekend. BUT this is football and you never know what will happen. Form says easy away win but thats not enough. All it takes is a dodgy decision or a red card for someone like Wilshere/Arteta and the game turns on it's head.

Draw would be my bet.

I would definitely take a draw. United always perform to their best at home against us, even when we had a better team they always found a way. My biggest encouragement is David Moyes. Having him in the dug out is a huge plus but they still have excellent players and the recent media love in for arsenal will really fire them up. If they don't perform on Sunday then there are really long term problems for them, because this is the perfect platform for them to bounce back and turn their season around against an unchanged team that put a huge shift in last night.

Huge win for Arsenal midweek. I didn't think they could do it, but they were very professional and mature. I was impressed with Wenger's team selection and the way the team kept calm against Dortmund. Played the perfect game tactically and were able to expose Dortmund when they got tired. I agree with Klopp there is no reason why they cannot win the league.

Big game for them this Sunday as well, but I think they can get the points. If they are fearless they should dominate midfield and give their attackers the platform to score the goals. I fancy them to take it 2-1/

"Depends on the refs"Wenger bang on when he was asked how the game will go on against the Rags.
Shame he wasn't more vocal on this matter when Slurgusson was manager.

raghunter57 said:
"Depends on the refs"Wenger bang on when he was asked how the game will go on against the Rags.
Shame he wasn't more vocal on this matter when Slurgusson was manager.

well it's Michael Oliver, who was once looking like he'd be a star and then started serving the status quo like the rest of them.

Hopefully his previous potential will shine back through now Sir amnesia has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.