Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronuja said:
matty barton said:
Georgian Maestro said:
Great win for Arsenal today. Is anyone now concerned that they are serious title contenders?

If we are still top after playing your mob and the Russian chavs then yes. Throw in a quality striker in January, now that we have a few quid to spend, and game on.

It's a big if though.

For me it comes down to that extra striker. Theo is being eased back into the side and Podolski is still to return, but neither of them can do what Giroud does, neither has the back-to-the-goal ability he brings. Giroud is kind of a panel, an enabler who brings out the attacking instincts of the players around him, and the way we're setup right now from an attacking perspective he is absolutely indispensable. The sort of punishing schedule we have (something like a game every three days for the next month or so?) makes me feel that there are just too many games to put on his shoulders, we need someone to come in during the transfer window. The trouble is finding the right striker who can replicate what Giroud does, and I doubt we can do that. This i think, will be the dealbreaker.

I'm delighted with how the team our playing at the moment though, hope they can keep it up. Ozil's second assist was just sublime.

<a class="postlink" href="http://lh6.ggpht.com/-xwHCyBWpa2I/UpoZqTDadFI/AAAAAAAAApE/4t3OgnwkWa4/223489.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lh6.ggpht.com/-xwHCyBWpa2I/UpoZq ... 223489.gif</a>

We don,t need pod or giroud to always score. we got goal all over the team. Sign of a wonderful team is one that got goals throughout the team. its what united have done for years to win leagues

gooner2 said:
strongbowholic said:
Made a very good start so far and certainly the ones to catch. The only saving grace is we have to play them twice, so if we win top form that's an opportunity to pull 6pts back (not saying we will before anyone gets uppity, just saying it's an opportunity). Our goal difference will be the equivalent of an extra point too when it comes to the shake up.

Been impressed with Arsenal nonetheless; looking very tidy at the moment.

Thanks for being so nice. look forward to game with you lot in two weeks.,
I'm not, we've got such a poor record against you's over the years :))

strongbowholic said:
gooner2 said:
strongbowholic said:
Made a very good start so far and certainly the ones to catch. The only saving grace is we have to play them twice, so if we win top form that's an opportunity to pull 6pts back (not saying we will before anyone gets uppity, just saying it's an opportunity). Our goal difference will be the equivalent of an extra point too when it comes to the shake up.

Been impressed with Arsenal nonetheless; looking very tidy at the moment.

Thanks for being so nice. look forward to game with you lot in two weeks.,
I'm not, we've got such a poor record against you's over the years :))

It be great game at city and could go either way. can,t wait for battle.

gooner2 said:
Ronuja said:
matty barton said:
If we are still top after playing your mob and the Russian chavs then yes. Throw in a quality striker in January, now that we have a few quid to spend, and game on.

It's a big if though.

For me it comes down to that extra striker. Theo is being eased back into the side and Podolski is still to return, but neither of them can do what Giroud does, neither has the back-to-the-goal ability he brings. Giroud is kind of a panel, an enabler who brings out the attacking instincts of the players around him, and the way we're setup right now from an attacking perspective he is absolutely indispensable. The sort of punishing schedule we have (something like a game every three days for the next month or so?) makes me feel that there are just too many games to put on his shoulders, we need someone to come in during the transfer window. The trouble is finding the right striker who can replicate what Giroud does, and I doubt we can do that. This i think, will be the dealbreaker.

I'm delighted with how the team our playing at the moment though, hope they can keep it up. Ozil's second assist was just sublime.

<a class="postlink" href="http://lh6.ggpht.com/-xwHCyBWpa2I/UpoZqTDadFI/AAAAAAAAApE/4t3OgnwkWa4/223489.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lh6.ggpht.com/-xwHCyBWpa2I/UpoZq ... 223489.gif</a>

We don,t need pod or giroud to always score. we got goal all over the team. Sign of a wonderful team is one that got goals throughout the team. its what united have done for years to win leagues

I didn't say that we need Giroud or Podolski to always score. My concern is with the facilitating role Giroud plays in this team, he really is the complete center forward (to the point where he plays a vital role in defending set-pieces in our own box). There are goals in this team, but I think if -god forbid- we lose Giroud for any significant period, the attacking side of our game will suffer- not directly because of his goals which we would miss out on, but rather how he effects the way the team as a whole play.

Ronuja said:
gooner2 said:
Ronuja said:

I didn't say that we need Giroud or Podolski to always score. My concern is with the facilitating role Giroud plays in this team, he really is the complete center forward (to the point where he plays a vital role in defending set-pieces in our own box). There are goals in this team, but I think if -god forbid- we lose Giroud for any significant period, the attacking side of our game will suffer- not directly because of his goals which we would miss out on, but rather how he effects the way the team as a whole play.

But pod showed in those three games giroud was out in away win at qpr and 4-1 win over wigan he could do that job just as well. we be fine mate. we got goals all over the team and have players come in to replace giroud should he be injured who can link the play just as well.

We are winning games that our competitors are not, this is often a sign of a serious title challenge.
The best thing about our recent form is that we have conceded 1 goal in our last 7 matches , and that was with mertesacker out injured. We look the most solid team in the country and that is a great platform to build from. What is even more impressive t is that losing at manchester utd did not stop our momentum at all, we have won 3 in 3 since without ever look like conceding.
Manchester city still have the best squad, but they had the best squad last season too. Its all getting very exciting, and very unexpected , no one gave us a chance before the start of the season.

AwayDay said:
We are winning games that our competitors are not, this is often a sign of a serious title challenge.
The best thing about our recent form is that we have conceded 1 goal in our last 7 matches , and that was with mertesacker out injured. We look the most solid team in the country and that is a great platform to build from. What is even more impressive t is that losing at manchester utd did not stop our momentum at all, we have won 3 in 3 since without ever look like conceding.
Manchester city still have the best squad, but they had the best squad last season too. Its all getting very exciting, and very unexpected , no one gave us a chance before the start of the season.

Agree with so many of our points. We have the best defence in the league and fact we let in 1 goal; in seven matches. We have best all round squad in the league and that we got 71 points the whole year shows that since jan .

We become a winning machine and in sense have copied the way united did it. winning so much without playing at our best. Sign of a mature team if you ask me.

gooner2 said:
AwayDay said:

Agree with so many of our points. We have the best defence in the league and fact we let in 1 goal; in seven matches. We have best all round squad in the league and that we got 71 points the whole year shows that since jan .

We become a winning machine and in sense have copied the way united did it. winning so much without playing at our best. Sign of a mature team if you ask me.

And you wonder why City fans give you grief..what a moronic thing to say..

samharris said:
gooner2 said:
AwayDay said:

i meant squad not attack. you have the best attack in the league mate

gooner2 said:
samharris said:
gooner2 said:

i meant squad not attack. you have the best attack in the league mate

I know excactly what you meant mate..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.