Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
gooner2 said:
Georgian Maestro said:
I think that although you have made a great start most people are still sceptical that you will last the pace as the season progresses.

I hope they keep saying that. They been saying that all season including mr alan hansen., I hope they keep saying it. Just allow they to keep proving them wrong. seven points clear at the top shows we real contenders.

Tbh 7 points is fook all...its a very thin cusion is all..

True and city and chelsea games will be massive but just saying its good so far.

Arsenal were bang average today with several periods where Cardiff were the better side. Cardiff had several decent chances to score but didn't take them.

I've watched arsenal 3 times in full now - Dortmund Southampton and Cardiff. They were the lesser side in all 3 games but got 3 wins.

Very utd of last year. We all know how that ended up.

After Swansea which I expect us to win we have 2 very tough away games prior to them coming to ours whilst they have hull at home and another game I can't recall at the moment.

I genuinely feel those 3 league games will define our league season.

A huge week awaits and we simply must step up and show we mean business and want the title.

We're the best team in this league but it's the most consistent that will win it. We have to make that us.

Georgian Maestro said:
Great win for Arsenal today. Is anyone now concerned that they are serious title contenders?

If we are still top after playing your mob and the Russian chavs then yes. Throw in a quality striker in January, now that we have a few quid to spend, and game on.

It's a big if though.

Made a very good start so far and certainly the ones to catch. The only saving grace is we have to play them twice, so if we win top form that's an opportunity to pull 6pts back (not saying we will before anyone gets uppity, just saying it's an opportunity). Our goal difference will be the equivalent of an extra point too when it comes to the shake up.

Been impressed with Arsenal nonetheless; looking very tidy at the moment.

Well done to Mr Wenger, he is the smartest " investor" in the history of football, and one of the best managers I have witnessed in my life.

Stoned Rose said:
Arsenal were bang average today with several periods where Cardiff were the better side. Cardiff had several decent chances to score but didn't take them.

I've watched arsenal 3 times in full now - Dortmund Southampton and Cardiff. They were the lesser side in all 3 games but got 3 wins.

After Swansea which I expect us to win we have 2 very tough away games prior to them coming to ours whilst they have hull at home and another game I can't recall at the moment.

A huge week awaits and we simply must step up and show we mean business and want the title.

We're the best team in this league but it's the most consistent that will win it. We have to make that us.

I think sign of great team is winning a lot without always playing well which it what we often done like united in the past this seasonb

you can still win league but your right you have a big week coming up and you need seven points from it if you ask me,.

-- Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:04 pm --

Stoned Rose said:

I think sign of great team is winning a lot without always playing well which it what we often done like united in the past this seasonb

you can still win league but your right you have a big week coming up and you need seven points from it if you ask me,.<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:07 pm --<br /><br />
strongbowholic said:
Made a very good start so far and certainly the ones to catch. The only saving grace is we have to play them twice, so if we win top form that's an opportunity to pull 6pts back (not saying we will before anyone gets uppity, just saying it's an opportunity). Our goal difference will be the equivalent of an extra point too when it comes to the shake up.

Been impressed with Arsenal nonetheless; looking very tidy at the moment.

Thanks for being so nice. look forward to game with you lot in two weeks.,

Stoned Rose said:

Agreed 100%.

I can't see us dropping points to Swansea so that game aside we have WBA and Southampton away whilst Arsenal have Hull and Everton at home we can't afford to drop points in either of those away games because Arsenal will capitalize fully IMO.

Stoned Rose said:

Makes a nice change after years of consistently managing to lose games we should have won.

As for best team, you certainly have the strongest squad closely followed by the chavs.

MancunianCitizen said:
Stoned Rose said:

Agreed 100&.

I can't see us dropping points to Swansea so that game aside we have WBA and Southampton away whilst Arsenal have Hull and Everton at home we can't afford to drop points in either of those away games because Arsenal will capitalize fully IMO.

we beat hull with ease but everton at home will be a test that for sure. But you got to deliver at brom and southampton if you want to keep the pressure on us.

matty barton said:
Georgian Maestro said:
Great win for Arsenal today. Is anyone now concerned that they are serious title contenders?

If we are still top after playing your mob and the Russian chavs then yes. Throw in a quality striker in January, now that we have a few quid to spend, and game on.

It's a big if though.

For me it comes down to that extra striker. Theo is being eased back into the side and Podolski is still to return, but neither of them can do what Giroud does, neither has the back-to-the-goal ability he brings. Giroud is kind of a panel, an enabler who brings out the attacking instincts of the players around him, and the way we're setup right now from an attacking perspective he is absolutely indispensable. The sort of punishing schedule we have (something like a game every three days for the next month or so?) makes me feel that there are just too many games to put on his shoulders, we need someone to come in during the transfer window. The trouble is finding the right striker who can replicate what Giroud does, and I doubt we can do that. This i think, will be the dealbreaker.

I'm delighted with how the team our playing at the moment though, hope they can keep it up. Ozil's second assist was just sublime.

<a class="postlink" href="http://lh6.ggpht.com/-xwHCyBWpa2I/UpoZqTDadFI/AAAAAAAAApE/4t3OgnwkWa4/223489.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lh6.ggpht.com/-xwHCyBWpa2I/UpoZq ... 223489.gif</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.