Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluemoon115 said:
gooner2 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Not in your CB's, if they get injured you're fucked, you need another CB or you can kiss anything but a fight for 4th away, over a season shit like that bites, you're still nowhere near the title at this stage.

To say we nowhere near the title is crazy when you look at the table at the moment. fine to say we need another cb but your living in dream world saying that
At 13 games it's impossible to be anywhere near the title. Stop crying you mard ****.

Yoda's just been on the phone.."giddy this one is"..

samharris said:
Bluemoon115 said:
gooner2 said:
To say we nowhere near the title is crazy when you look at the table at the moment. fine to say we need another cb but your living in dream world saying that
At 13 games it's impossible to be anywhere near the title. Stop crying you mard ****.

Yoda's just been on the phone.."giddy this one is"..
You didn't realise just how polite I was being in all those Mancini debates ;-)

gooner2 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
gooner2 said:

I am not but to say we end up fighting for 4th is a bit crazy when we seven points clear at the moment.

Not wishing to sound pedantic but thats only two losses and a draw..you will have a lean patch,everyone does..

samharris said:
gooner2 said:
Bluemoon115 said:

I am not but to say we end up fighting for 4th is a bit crazy when we seven points clear at the moment.

Not wishing to sound pedantic but thats only two losses and a draw..you will have a lean patch,everyone does..

We see. not had much of lean patch since march. But we wait and see. Still think only you, us and chelsea will be in hunt come march. rest not good enough

gooner2 said:
samharris said:
gooner2 said:

We see. not had much of lean patch since march. But we wait and see. Still think only you, us and chelsea will be in hunt come march. rest not good enough

you discounting united then? sorry but have you seen their forwards? rooney and rvp can change games themselves, at arsenal, honestly, removing all bias from yourself, who do you see can do that for us? I wont be confident that were title contenders until the final month of the epl, and even then, only if were in a position of three or more points clear. weve seen I many times before when we were supposedly contenders, we choked and slipped to scraping fourth. our squad depth is no where near good enough to be labelled contenders, were just in a purple patch at the moment. when that begins to fade, we can then truly assess our credibility.

It's a fair point about the centre backs. I think we've enough to cope for 2 or 3 games if 1 or two gets injured, but any longer than that and we'd be struggling. Sagna has actually performed really well when played there and Vermaelen looked very decent against Utd.

Our problem is unless we sign a top centre back that could displace Koscielny or Mertesacker, then whoever comes in would have to be content being 3rd or 4th choice, but still put in a decent level of performance if required, and that could be hard to find. Maybe an up and coming youngster would be ideal, or an experienced player coming towards the end of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.