Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
wesshaw1985 said:
if Arsenal keep up the way they are playing at the moment, Gibbs and Wilshere have to be starters for England come the World Cup...

Gibbs ahead of Cole and Baines. I hope not.

As for Arsenal, credit where credit's due. They are churning out positive results, and have done since the turn of the year. It seems a lot of pundits and opposition fans are being a tad disingeuous.

Manc in London said:
wesshaw1985 said:
if Arsenal keep up the way they are playing at the moment, Gibbs and Wilshere have to be starters for England come the World Cup...

As for Arsenal, credit where credit's due. They are churning out positive results, and have done since the turn of the year. It seems a lot of pundits and opposition fans are being a tad disingeuous.

Think it's a bit more of having been through all this before with Gooney or whatever his name is. That's us not the pundits.
Why anyone would want to go on another clubs forum and spout off incessantly about how great their club and team is.
Well anyway, this is the month that will test their true credentials. IMO.

If the league was January to December, Arsenal would have won the league by miles. I'm afraid of not even their talent as much as their ability to grind out wins. I think we have more ability, but we don't have half of their sturdiness when up against it, which is what worries me. Their catchable, but we've got to go on a run starting now.

K-Bo said:
If the league was January to December, Arsenal would have won the league by miles. I'm afraid of not even their talent as much as their ability to grind out wins. I think we have more ability, but we don't have half of their sturdiness when up against it, which is what worries me. Their catchable, but we've got to go on a run starting now.

Their away record makes me very envious, got that ability to soak up pressure and put away these shite teams that give us so many problems

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Manc in London said:
wesshaw1985 said:

Think it's a bit more of having been through all this before with Gooney or whatever his name is. That's us not the pundits.
Why anyone would want to go on another clubs forum and spout off incessantly about how great their club and team is.
Well anyway, this is the month that will test their true credentials. IMO.

He's annoying, I'll give you that :)

The point I am making is based more on comments read on newspaper sites, Twitter etc., rather than what's posted on here.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
They'll be in the mix at the end of the season.

dollymix_600_zpsed58d5b0.jpg

ari said:
Stoned Rose said:
Arsenal were bang average today with several periods where Cardiff were the better side. Cardiff had several decent chances to score but didn't take them.

I've watched arsenal 3 times in full now - Dortmund Southampton and Cardiff. They were the lesser side in all 3 games but got 3 wins.

Very utd of last year. We all know how that ended up.

After Swansea which I expect us to win we have 2 very tough away games prior to them coming to ours whilst they have hull at home and another game I can't recall at the moment.

I genuinely feel those 3 league games will define our league season.

A huge week awaits and we simply must step up and show we mean business and want the title.

We're the best team in this league but it's the most consistent that will win it. We have to make that us.

You really think that was bang average? If so, how did we win 0-3 when other sides struggle against them?
Especially when you say Arsenal were the lesser side.
3 lucky goals? Lucky clean sheet?
Doesn't make much sense to me...

However, I thought apart from about 15-20 minutes in the early stages of the 2nd half we kept them under control quite well. All decent chances for Cardiff to score were from outside the box as far as I remember (might be wrong though).
Totally fine with me.

well said mate. wonderful win and peformance

-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:15 am --

Manc in London said:
wesshaw1985 said:

Well said mate and fair play for you saying it. our form since march has been amazing<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:17 am --<br /><br />
ek13 said:
gooner2 said:
samharris said:
[/color]
Not wishing to sound pedantic but thats only two losses and a draw..you will have a lean patch,everyone does..

We see. not had much of lean patch since march. But we wait and see. Still think only you, us and chelsea will be in hunt come march. rest not good enough

you discounting united then? sorry but have you seen their forwards? rooney and rvp can change games themselves, at arsenal, honestly, removing all bias from yourself, who do you see can do that for us? I wont be confident that were title contenders until the final month of the epl, and even then, only if were in a position of three or more points clear. weve seen I many times before when we were supposedly contenders, we choked and slipped to scraping fourth. our squad depth is no where near good enough to be labelled contenders, were just in a purple patch at the moment. when that begins to fade, we can then truly assess our credibility.

We seven points clear, won 22 from 27 , have 71 points whole year and have only let in one in last six game in all tournaments. we the real deal mate

United for me have been too up and down and have to average a midfield to win league. won,t stay with us, chelsea and city this season.

gooner2 said:
ari said:
Stoned Rose said:
Arsenal were bang average today with several periods where Cardiff were the better side. Cardiff had several decent chances to score but didn't take them.

I've watched arsenal 3 times in full now - Dortmund Southampton and Cardiff. They were the lesser side in all 3 games but got 3 wins.

Very utd of last year. We all know how that ended up.

After Swansea which I expect us to win we have 2 very tough away games prior to them coming to ours whilst they have hull at home and another game I can't recall at the moment.

I genuinely feel those 3 league games will define our league season.

A huge week awaits and we simply must step up and show we mean business and want the title.

We're the best team in this league but it's the most consistent that will win it. We have to make that us.

You really think that was bang average? If so, how did we win 0-3 when other sides struggle against them?
Especially when you say Arsenal were the lesser side.
3 lucky goals? Lucky clean sheet?
Doesn't make much sense to me...

However, I thought apart from about 15-20 minutes in the early stages of the 2nd half we kept them under control quite well. All decent chances for Cardiff to score were from outside the box as far as I remember (might be wrong though).
Totally fine with me.

well said mate. wonderful win and peformance

-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:15 am --

Manc in London said:
wesshaw1985 said:

Well said mate and fair play for you saying it. our form since march has been amazing

-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:17 am --

ek13 said:
gooner2 said:
We see. not had much of lean patch since march. But we wait and see. Still think only you, us and chelsea will be in hunt come march. rest not good enough

you discounting united then? sorry but have you seen their forwards? rooney and rvp can change games themselves, at arsenal, honestly, removing all bias from yourself, who do you see can do that for us? I wont be confident that were title contenders until the final month of the epl, and even then, only if were in a position of three or more points clear. weve seen I many times before when we were supposedly contenders, we choked and slipped to scraping fourth. our squad depth is no where near good enough to be labelled contenders, were just in a purple patch at the moment. when that begins to fade, we can then truly assess our credibility.

We seven points clear, won 22 from 27 , have 71 points whole year and have only let in one in last six game in all tournaments. we the real deal mate

United for me have been too up and down and have to average a midfield to win league. won,t stay with us, chelsea and city this season.

You're at it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.