Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
gooner2 said:
Bilboblue said:
gooner2 said:
Is their something in title about us not being winners or something like that. Well fair enough on that front as it been eight year since fa cup win but think 2014 will be very good year for us where we change all that.

ffs just google duraglit you idiot !!!

I have and it just said its Metal Polish Wadding, a Wadding polish for brass, copper, chrome and other metals. made by Brasso.. don,t get the relation to us?

Stupidity lives :o)

City's home record over the last few seasons has been outstanding so I would be delighted to get a draw out of the game.

City have strolled every home game this season in the league, if we get a draw it would be a massive statement... even a narrow defeat wouldn't be too bad, man utd and spurs have both been thrashed there and we need to avoid a similar outcome. I've got this game down as a sure loss, this is where the 5 point cushion helps, toughest game of the season.

AwayDay said:
City have strolled every home game this season in the league, if we get a draw it would be a massive statement... even a narrow defeat wouldn't be too bad, man utd and spurs have both been thrashed there and we need to avoid a similar outcome. I've got this game down as a sure loss, this is where the 5 point cushion helps, toughest game of the season.

"even a narrow defeat wouldn't be too bad" ???!!!! Grow a pair ffs! Let's pretend my team is going to lose so if we do we can just deflate the shitstorm that were going to get on here when it happens! I hope we totally destroy your team today you don't deserve to win jackshit

Come on City !!!!!

AwayDay said:

Christ almighty - talk about minimising expectation.
You are five points clear, six clear of us, and you reckon a narrow defeat wouldn't be too bad?
Were you a fan when the Invincibles went a whole season unbeaten, or have you only jumped on board this year?
Even when City were truly shit I always thought we could win when I went to away games, otherwise you may as well give up and take the missus shopping instead, and that doesn't bear thinking about.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
AwayDay said:

You are five points clear, six clear of us, and you reckon a narrow defeat wouldn't be too bad?
Were you a fan when the Invincibles went a whole season unbeaten, or have you only jumped on board this year?
Even when City were truly shit I always thought we could win when I went to away games, otherwise you may as well give up and take the missus shopping instead, and that doesn't bear thinking about.

It must be a class thing!! Wholeheartedly supporting and believing in your team.... Classless! ;)

GornikDaze said:
AwayDay said:

It must be a class thing!! Wholeheartedly supporting and believing in your team.... Classless! ;)

Minimizing expectation =/= failing to support and believe in your team wholeheartedly. Which I'm sure long-term City fans would know all about? The Arsenal has been a cruel mistress the last few years, leading us on, and then standing us up sometimes at the last moment. This is just how we protect ourselves.

I just hope we don't start out looking tired. If we have a high energy start, then I have a quiet hope we could get maybe a point out of this. But nah, y'all are just too good at home.

Ronuja said:
GornikDaze said:

Minimizing expectation =/= failing to support and believe in your team wholeheartedly. Which I'm sure long-term City fans would know all about? The Arsenal has been a cruel mistress the last few years, leading us on, and then standing us up sometimes at the last moment. This is just how we protect ourselves.

I just hope we don't start out looking tired. If we have a high energy start, then I have a quiet hope we could get maybe a point out of this. But nah, y'all are just too good at home.
that's pathetic, when we were shit and the old top 4 were ruling the roost I always believed we could beat them, was at the swamp, chavford bridge, smelly anfield and your place for games and always went demanding results. didn't mean we got them, but it made the fucking tram try harder imo.

I am just posting what I expect will happen based on our team/form, against this Manchester city squad away from home, The reason I said a narrow defeat would not be a disaster is because a heavy defeat like what man utd and spurs got could really affect confidence. If we lose narrowly we stay top with our toughest game of the season gone and keeps us ticking. If you add into it the fact that City have just beaten Bayern away, while resting players, and we had a tough game a day later which we lost and looked very tired.
Being a supporter of a football club is no excuse for stupidity. I could come on here and say yeh we are going to walk it, we have more heart than city, they don't deserve anything . Its football vs billionaire owners today and football will always come out on top. Just random talk like that sounds good but it doesn't really mean anything.
If I believed we had the players to go to man city and win, I would say it, 10 years ago we would go there, strut our stuff and score 5. Now it is city who are capable of doing that, I just hope we can give a good account of ourselves.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:55 pm --<br /><br />
AwayDay said:

We don't have the invincibles anymore mate, the days of going to man city and going 5-0 up after 30 mins are long gone, no doubt you expected city to win that day too. That is basically the point I am making.

AwayDay said:

yep
+1
only this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.