Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
AwayDay said:
foetus said:
AwayDay said:
Being a supporter of a football club is no excuse for stupidity. I could come on here and say yeh we are going to walk it, we have more heart than city, they don't deserve anything . Its football vs billionaire owners today and football will always come out on top. Just random talk like that sounds good but it doesn't really mean anything.

This is what I posted , the reaction to this.....OH DEAR

I will put it down to pre match nerves getting to you, usually your a more intelligent bunch :)
oh dear

Great input
5d6d7a6668afc5f56fe369bf1381e813.jpg

mcfclovin88 said:
AwayDay said:
mcfclovin88 said:
If you want to stick around, I suggest you stop talking shite, or you'll go the way of your mate mattybarton.

I suggest you start reading my posts before commenting.

-- Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:14 pm --

Being a supporter of a football club is no excuse for stupidity. I could come on here and say yeh we are going to walk it, we have more heart than city, they don't deserve anything . Its football vs billionaire owners today and football will always come out on top. Just random talk like that sounds good but it doesn't really mean anything.

This is what I posted , the reaction to this.....OH DEAR

I will put it down to pre match nerves getting to you, usually your a more intelligent bunch :)

You're.

I see you're not at the game

AwayDay said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
AwayDay said:
Its football vs billionaire owners today and football will always come out on top.

What the actual fuck does that even mean?
Is it the same tired old mantra that City have money, and therefore poor clubs like you can't compete anymore?
If so, then surely billionaire owners will always come out on top?
Twenty years ago you had money and were good - we didn't, and we were shit.
Now we have the money instead, and most of you two faced gooners wanted Wenger sacked after you got dicked by Villa anyway.
A more fickle bunch of fans than you lot I would be hard pushed to find.

Just fighting talk before the big game, rational talk didn't work.

Contradicting yourself doesn't work either mate.
I'm happy to shoot the breeze with fans of any club, even the rags, but if someone isn't making any sense then eventually someone will pull them up for it.

AwayDay said:
What the actual fuck does that even mean?
Is it the same tired old mantra that City have money, and therefore poor clubs like you can't compete anymore?
If so, then surely billionaire owners will always come out on top?
Twenty years ago you had money and were good - we didn't, and we were shit.
Now we have the money instead, and most of you two faced gooners wanted Wenger sacked after you got dicked by Villa anyway.
A more fickle bunch of fans than you lot I would be hard pushed to find.

I'm happy to shoot the breeze with fans of any club, even the rags, but if someone isn't making any sense then eventually someone will pull them up for it.

You didn't read my posts, just picked out sections of them, either that or you completely missed the point. The point I first made was that losing at city isn't a disaster because city thrash everyone at home, you called it defeatist. In my second post I pointed out that its being realistic, and that I could've spouted the above rubbish instead but it wouldn't mean anything.
I fail to see how you missed the point so badly, I thought I made it perfectly clear.

AwayDay said:
AwayDay said:

You didn't read my posts, just picked out sections of them, either that or you completely missed the point. The point I first made was that losing at city isn't a disaster because city thrash everyone at home, you called it defeatist. In my second post I pointed out that its being realistic, and that I could've spouted the above rubbish instead but it wouldn't mean anything.
I fail to see how you missed the point so badly, I thought I made it perfectly clear.

Ok, as you are clearly hard-of-thinking, I'll take you through this slowly, step by step.
Let me know if you need to stop for a break at any point, if your brain starts to hurt.
Right - let's make a start.
When you support a football team, rationality is sacrificed at the altar of expectation.
What I mean by this is that you don't go to games expecting to lose,even though you accept it to be a possibility.
It is what a famous gayer called Oscar Wilde termed 'the triumph of optimism over experience'.
Google him - he was very witty - even more so than myself.
Now take a deep breath and we'll carry on.
You made a comparison between billionaire owners and football, saying that football will always win.
This is clearly nonsense - money does, to some degree, buy success, which is why City are where they are, and Stockport County, who beat us 12 years ago, are too.
So you are incorrect.
Again.
Now have a lie down, and when you wake up the game will be over.
Maybe you will have a narrow defeat to celebrate.

AwayDay said:

Ok, as you are clearly hard-of-thinking, I'll take you through this slowly, step by step.
Let me know if you need to stop for a break at any point, if your brain starts to hurt.
Right - let's make a start.
When you support a football team, rationality is sacrificed at the altar of expectation.
What I mean by this is that you don't go to games expecting to lose,even though you accept it to be a possibility.
It is what a famous gayer called Oscar Wilde termed 'the triumph of optimism over experience'.
Google him - he was very witty - even more so than myself.
Now take a deep breath and we'll carry on.
You made a comparison between billionaire owners and football, saying that football will always win.
This is clearly nonsense - money does, to some degree, buy success, which is why City are where they are, and Stockport County, who beat us 12 years ago, are too.
So you are incorrect.
Again.
Now have a lie down, and when you wake up the game will be over.
Maybe you will have a narrow defeat to celebrate.

I like to stay rational, it doesn't mean I lose hope, hope is what keep me coming back every week, staying rationaI keeps me sane. I didn't compare football to billionaires, I said I could say such fighting talk to sound like a "proper" fan because my realism wasn't welcomed.
Anyway
Enjoy the game....Not too much

Bad defeat but its only 3 points. We move on.

City were alot better than us, deserved the win even if the ref/linesman were horrible with a pen decision and offsides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.