Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsene Wenger goes on about every club who spends money so his criticism of city is no great surprise he fails to add that in addition to his wonderful financial prudence his club have spent many years winning fuckall ...............lack of inestment/lack of success coincidence ?.............ME THINKS NOT !!!!!

SUCCESS COSTS MONEY WHERE THAT MONEY COMES FROM FANS COULD'T CARE LESS !

There is a lot of talk on various threads of rotation of players especially seeing as we are in 4 competitions. Does anyone remember when this first became a buzz word when did managers start talking about resting players and building a squad so they could rotate? I'm sure I don't remember Wenger resting his "invincibles" if they we're fit they played, or am I just remembering incorrectly?

BlueBearBoots said:
There is a lot of talk on various threads of rotation of players especially seeing as we are in 4 competitions. Does anyone remember when this first became a buzz word when did managers start talking about resting players and building a squad so they could rotate? I'm sure I don't remember Wenger resting his "invincibles" if they we're fit they played, or am I just remembering incorrectly?
Rafa Benitez would be your man there.

aguero93:20 said:
BlueBearBoots said:
Rafa Benitez would be your man there.

Ranieri in 2004, the "tinker man" . I think he went 60 games without picking the same team twice in a row. It was the first time that rotation became the buzz word in english football.

The "invincibles" team picked itself, in the league and champions league, but there was a lot of rotation in both cups (I dont think henry started any domestic cup game that season).

the pressure is slowly beginning to mount on arsenal as we enter the business part of the season

they're still up there but the early season swagger and fluency seems to have gone, a few average performances, defeats and one absolute fucking hammering :)

injuries beginning to test their squad size so i think january will determine their season - a serious team would invest heavily now

City Raider said:
the pressure is slowly beginning to mount on arsenal as we enter the business part of the season

they're still up there but the early season swagger and fluency seems to have gone, a few average performances, defeats and one absolute fucking hammering :)

injuries beginning to test their squad size so i think january will determine their season - a serious team would invest heavily now

Their squad doesn't seem to be that small to me, The only areas where they don't have great depth in quality is at CB and up front imo. Every other team in the league is short of players in some area - for example if Fernandinho or Toure were injured, the drop off in quality would be pretty noticeable in those positions. I think the strength of Arsenal's overall squad is actually somewhat underrated.

GHoddle said:
City Raider said:

Their squad doesn't seem to be that small to me, The only areas where they don't have great depth in quality is at CB and up front imo. Every other team in the league is short of players in some area - for example if Fernandinho or Toure were injured, the drop off in quality would be pretty noticeable in those positions. I think the strength of Arsenal's overall squad is actually somewhat underrated.
that all depends on how much you rate monreal and jenkinson, I would have just said their defence and attack is flimsy, over half the team.

The FC Bayern subsides the away tickets for their fans for the Arsenal match. Arsenal wants 75 EUR - Bayern fans get them for 45 EUR. (3000 tickets - 18000 orders)

Maldeika said:
The FC Bayern subsides the away tickets for their fans for the Arsenal match. Arsenal wants 75 EUR - Bayern fans get them for 45 EUR. (3000 tickets - 18000 orders)
'We could charge more than £104 [for a season ticket]. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us? In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody. That's the biggest difference between us and England.' - Uli Hoeneß

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.