Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Raider said:
AwayDay said:
I am pointing out that your point can be said of anyone, because you can not measure softness of football teams. Bayern munich were soft because they lost 2 champions league finals with last minute goals/pens , then they signed the right players and won the treble.

exactly, that's my point - ozil in my opinion doesnt address this problem

What you term softness I call lack of quality, and I agree Ozil is not enough, I think Wenger himself is probably surprised where we are.

If Dortmund win tonight I can see them topping the group. Arsenal will then be in danger of finishing 3rd and going the Europa route.

Le Arse fans on here do you feel that this would scupper the league for you this year?

mancity dan said:
If Dortmund win tonight I can see them topping the group. Arsenal will then be in danger of finishing 3rd and going the Europa route.

Le Arse fans on here do you feel that this would scupper the league for you this year?

With there being 3 teams on 6 points, and Arsenal having to go to both Dortmund and Napoli, Arsenal won't find it easy at all getting out of that group. Despite their strong domestic league position I can see Arsenal having to settle for 2nd place, behind Dortmund, who have both Arsenal and Napoli to play in Germany, so they have a slight advantage over the other 2 sides.

AwayDay said:
City Raider said:
AwayDay said:
I am pointing out that your point can be said of anyone, because you can not measure softness of football teams. Bayern munich were soft because they lost 2 champions league finals with last minute goals/pens , then they signed the right players and won the treble.

exactly, that's my point - ozil in my opinion doesnt address this problem

What you term softness I call lack of quality, and I agree Ozil is not enough, I think Wenger himself is probably surprised where we are.

will have to agree to disagree - put tony adams in your back 4 and i'd be more worried

thats more about his leadership and abilities in battling adversity than a lack of quality

mancity dan said:

If we do end up in the wafer league I would hope Wenger plays the capital one team in it, it would still be a big negative, especially playing sundays after everyone else, it adds a lot of pressure.

I still think we will get through in 2nd behind Dortmund. Cant see Napoli beating us.

AwayDay said:
mancity dan said:

If we do end up in the wafer league I would hope Wenger plays the capital one team in it, it would still be a big negative, especially playing sundays after everyone else, it adds a lot of pressure.

I still think we will get through in 2nd behind Dortmund. Cant see Napoli beating us.
But finishing second in your group is nothing to be happy about in my opinion, you will be forced to play teams like Barca, Bayern, R.Madrid or PSG in the round of 16...

BayernMan said:
AwayDay said:
mancity dan said:

But finishing second in your group is nothing to be happy about in my opinion, you will be forced to play teams like Barca, Bayern, R.Madrid or PSG in the round of 16...

Cant see us beating Dortmund away, so second it is.

BayernMan said:
AwayDay said:
mancity dan said:

Well I am sure they will take 2nd rather than not qualifying for the last 16

City cant say a lot if they do finish runners up as it looks like we will be doing the same in our group

AwayDay said:
mancity dan said:

why not? Napoli are a different force at home, ask us, Chelsea and Dortmund.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
AwayDay said:
mancity dan said:

why not? Napoli are a different force at home, ask us, Chelsea and Dortmund.

It wont be easy, Napoli are a good team but I'd back us all day to get a result there. We are a different force away, ask Bayern. Unbeaten away in any competition for 8 months we are , next 2 are the toughest tests but Napoli I would be very confident about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.